Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is more gay-friendly?
Chicago 82 56.16%
Atlanta 64 43.84%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 12:07 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy21 View Post
Right I feel you and I wish more people were like you. I think it shouldnt matter what my lifestyle is because it doesnt concern anyone. but for someone reason there alot of people who say they are straight focus too much time worry about gay people
Next week I will be with many family members. I generally come up behind my gay cousin and hug him while asking if he is getting turned-on! He chases me around the house but I am stronger than him. We hold him down and tickle him.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:09 PM

183 posts, read 230,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2dc View Post
No offense, but not what I could see. And perception can be reality. I've never seen so many black gay people in my life before. Some of them are real characters too -- quite funny.

Are there any statistics that show the breakdown? I know this guy Ty at work here in DC who constantly go down to Atlanta for some parties. I'll ask him since he's both gay and black and I'm not. LOL!

Yes Atlanta has the largest black gay population but there are more white gay men here than white but the races are so diveded thats why you probably didnt see them or you saw them and thought they were straight. because all gay people are not queens are overly fem.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:09 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,240,040 times
Quote:
No offense, but not what I could see. And perception can be reality. I've never seen so many black gay people in my life before. Some of them are real characters too -- quite funny.

Are there any statistics that show the breakdown? I know this guy Ty at work here in DC who constantly go down to Atlanta for some parties. I'll ask him since he's both gay and black and I'm not. LOL!
Oh come now surely you don't think there are more gay white people in Altanta than gay black based off a trip to Lenox Square? First of all Lenox Square is THE spot for gay black guys so of course you're going to see more of them there and let's not forget all the other gay guys you saw that weren't as flamboyant. When you count the suburbs Atlanta is still majority white.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:11 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,355,388 times
Quote:

Well, I'm white AND gay - so I think I know a little bit about it.

Lenox Square has become ground zero for gay black guys that like to hang out and show off their fashion style. That's probably why you feel the way you do.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:12 PM

815 posts, read 2,135,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
Oh come now surely you don't think there are more gay white people in Altanta than gay black based off a trip to Lenox Square? First of all Lenox Square is THE spot for gay black guys so of course you're going to see more of them there and let's not forget all the other gay guys you saw that weren't as flamboyant. When you count the suburbs Atlanta is still majority white.

Not sure but I think downtown Decatur has allot of white gay people.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:16 PM

657 posts, read 1,504,269 times
Quote:

Ok, responding to my own post here. Laughing the whole time, so forgive my wording.

Quoting Ty from work: "them snow queens in Atlanta are no match for the double-dipped." I don't know what that exactly means, but he also said that Atlanta's gay scene is 99% black -- I'm sure he's exaggerating here, but he tends to be elaborate in his word choices. He said all 5 of Atlanta's white guys moved to Miami and New York.

I also asked him about lesbians -- he said something about the Indigo Girls and folk and protest music and them white boys want to "hear beats and turn it out in New York and Miami" There's too much hiphop in the Atlanta clubs and white boys want dance and house music so they go to South Beach for that.

Does anyone care to translate for me?

Old 11-19-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
You may be correct but once you leave the city limits, Georgia can be pretty scary. Southern Illinois is a long way from Chicago.
Georgia scary? See you're basing things off stereotypes. South Georgia is a lot of things both good and bad but I wouldn't say scary. I can't attest for everywhere but Columbus, GA while definitely nowhere near as progressive as Atlanta is alright and pretty gay for a little army town. There's always someone with a story about picking up some drunk soldier downtown. But folks aren't as open and outloud as they are in Atlanta that's all for sure but it's not scary. While I think Columbus is a little too small for me I still love going home. Reminds me I better buy my plane tickets.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:17 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,355,388 times
Quote:
Atlanta has a pride parade in June (Halloween this year) too. Most major cities have pride parades. So parades alone doesn't make Chicago more gay friendly. Not to be ugly of course just saying.
Yep. One of the largest Pride Parades in the Country.

More Gay-Friendly: Chicago or Atlanta?-nice-crowd.jpg

Old 11-19-2009, 12:18 PM

657 posts, read 1,504,269 times
Quote:
Just to clarfiy -- I worked near Lenox and lived off E Paces Ferry -- I wasn't taking an occasional trip to the mall.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Not sure but I think downtown Decatur has allot of white gay people.
Heard it was the hot spot for lesbians. I've always dreamed about having a condo in Midtown near the corner of 10th st and Piedmont the gayest intersection in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City