Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is the better?
Longmont 17 85.00%
Pueblo 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 03:56 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon-krate32 View Post
If ur not gonna stay on topic then please don't post here...

But I WILL say that Pueblo ISN'T the only city (IMHO) that can stand up to Denver in Colorado. Colorado Springs has the Air Force Academy, NOAA and Cheyenne Mountain (all of which are HIGHLY important to our nation as a whole), Boulder has the main CU campus and has world renown for being on of the top Universities outside of the Ivy League as well as NCAR (National Center for Atmospheric Research) which houses some of the most powerful computers in the world (storing and processed several hundred TERA bytes a day). Loveland was voted the BEST place to live in the entire country last year (if THAT doesn't stack up against Denver then i don't know what does).

Pueblo may be the major economic hub of the southern end of the state, but it isn't the ONLY economic hub outside of Denver.
When I say Pueblo is the only city in the state that can and does stand up to Denver I am talking about politics. Because Pueblo is the economic hub of a 16 county region and Pueblo has so much water rights, in the west don't follow the money trail to power but the water trail, Pueblo commands a lot of influence in the state. Why Presidents visit Pueblo when suburbs of Denver have more people and why when Pueblo speaks the state listens, I can site many examples but the latest is the Southern Delivery System for the Springs.

Sure Boulder is a liberal college town but beyond that they dont much care about growth or politics. Colorado Springs is a great military city but use all their influence to keep the military happy and can care less about being a economic power house. Why they cant keep any companies, they nearly lost the USOC and they did lose the PBR to Pueblo.

BTW Colorado Springs does not have NOAA as Pueblo has it in southern Colorado.

Last edited by Josseppie; 11-24-2009 at 04:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 08:01 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,987,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eon-krate32 View Post
If ur not gonna stay on topic then please don't post here...

Who died and made you boss. It's a forum don't act tough. Ha.

Anyway.. it was a post not intended for you.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post

Anyway.. it was a post not intended for you.
LOL I get it!

Old 11-26-2009, 11:44 PM

768 posts, read 942,631 times
Cost of living in sum is roughly 30 percent higher in longmont, with housing averaging a 140% increase in the calculators I ran.

Why are we comparing cities that are for people of completely different financial situations?

Old 11-28-2009, 11:54 AM

631 posts, read 1,575,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
Cost of living in sum is roughly 30 percent higher in longmont, with housing averaging a 140% increase in the calculators I ran.

Why are we comparing cities that are for people of completely different financial situations?
This is a spinoff thread from another one where this debate began.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:17 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,428,520 times
Longmont.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:34 PM

17 posts, read 36,619 times
Well, when I lived in Colorado Springs and we wanted to go on bicycle training rides in the winter, we drove down to Pueblo Reservoir, where the temperature was usually about 15 degrees warmer, bright and sunny, and no snow. We always commented that Pueblo West reminded us of parts of Arizona, in a good way. So Pueblo definitely has advantages when it comes to winter weather.

Once when i asked for directions, a guy in a convenience store said, "You're not from Pee-eblo, are you?" Indeed not. Does everybody say it that way?

Old 01-12-2010, 02:50 PM

4 posts, read 9,101 times
If access to the mountains are a priority then doesn't Longmont have an edge?

I mean, it looks to be closer to some big mountains for good hiking, and closer to some of the bigger ski resorts as well.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:35 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Longmont. Not even a contest, I'd pick Longmont over Pueblo any time. My reason is that Longmont is very much on the edge of the Denver metro area. Pueblo is more or less isolated, though Colorado Springs is only about 45 minutes away.
In longmont you are so much closer to so much more. It would be an easy decision for me.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWortham View Post
If access to the mountains are a priority then doesn't Longmont have an edge?

I mean, it looks to be closer to some big mountains for good hiking, and closer to some of the bigger ski resorts as well.
Both cities have great access to the mountains. Pueblo has highway 50 and the Beulah highway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City