Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which skyscraper is more unique?
Dallas "Fountain" 35 68.63%
Houston "Williams Tower" 16 31.37%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 02:36 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,867,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
plus the question asks which is more unique. Fountain place id definitely more unique, it is uniquely ugly in my opinion. Easily the ugliest in Dallas
man, this sounds so offensive.... but then again the truth hurts. and it sucks... cause i actually like dallas skyline a lot.

it sure is more unique but that doesn't make it prettier at all. the williams tower is a true skyscraper. i'm not sure who designed it or who developed it but that design looks like they actually put more time, effort and inspiration into its design. it's got character, unlike the fountain place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I have never heard anyone say the skyscraper was ugly. You have your own opinion and I have mine. The same architect designed the JPMorgan Chase Tower in Houston. Now, that building is ugly.

I know the ugliest skyscraper ever built was the World Trade Center.
yeah, i agree that the JPMorgan Chase Tower is ugly.... and so is the Fountain Place. are you saying the same architect designed both those buildings?

do you know who designed the Williams Tower? seems like a better architect was chosen. the Fountain Place is so simple.... anyone could've designed it.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:40 PM

6,689 posts, read 9,935,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
man, this sounds so offensive.... but then again the truth hurts. and it sucks... cause i actually like dallas skyline a lot.

it sure is more unique but that doesn't make it prettier at all. the williams tower is a true skyscraper. i'm not sure who designed it or who developed it but that design looks like they actually put more time, effort and inspiration into its design. it's got character, unlike the fountain place.
Ok, we get it.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:42 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
The designer then must have a track record of horrendous buildings. I hope he is long retired by now.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
yeah, i agree that the JPMorgan Chase Tower is ugly.... and so is the Fountain Place. are you saying the same architect designed both those buildings?

do you know who designed the Williams Tower? seems like a better architect was chosen. the Fountain Place is so simple.... anyone could've designed it.
Philip Johnson and John Burgee. Philip Johnson also designed Bank of America Center in Houston and Comerica Bank Tower in Dallas.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
The designer then must have a track record of horrendous buildings. I hope he is long retired by now.
His name is I.M. Pei. He is a world famous architect. He is retired, but his architectural firm still designs buildings.

Some of the buildings he designed

Bank of China Tower

The Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center in Dallas

Dallas City Hall (yes, I know its ugly)

John Hancock Tower in Boston

JPMorgan Chase Tower in Houston

Old 01-17-2011, 02:53 PM

Fountain Place Construction

Old 01-17-2011, 03:00 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
His name is I.M. Pei. He is a world famous architect. He is retired, but his architectural firm still designs buildings.

Some of the buildings he designed

Bank of China Tower

The Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center in Dallas

Dallas City Hall (yes, I know its ugly)

John Hancock Tower in Boston

JPMorgan Chase Tower in Houston
JP MORgan is the only one I think that is passable, all the rest are ugly

Old 01-17-2011, 03:00 PM

Bank of China Tower is cool

Old 01-17-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
JP MORgan is the only one I think that is passable, all the rest are ugly
The Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center and Bank Of China Tower isn't ugly. But the JPMorgan Chase Tower is ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City