Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 10:17 AM

321 posts, read 717,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
Yes I know the zoo there. If you had read my post in context (but being a teenager of the 2000's I'm guessing your reading comprehension is quite low), I was inquiring as to the non-zoo actual wildlife that lives in the park. From your post I am gathering that deer are the only wildlife in Central Park (which I don't believe due to its size and the plentiful food sources -think garbage cans) in the area. Could someone with an actual education inform me as to the wildlife in Central Park? No foxes? Other? Also, I believe there is an Equine Center in the park. Correct? Thanks.
Really? And who are you? You just insult people for being young?

I was a teenager in this decade, and I'm sure my reading comprehension was at or above yours when I was 17 and you were out of college...

Dont act like youre such a know it all- you were trying to tell me Frederick Law Olmsted designed Central Park in response to my post on how Central Park is based on New England town commons and especially Boston Public Gardens (which he designed, and is why I brought it up).

Stop acting like a know-it-all unless you actually do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 10:38 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,387,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmo1984 View Post
Stop acting like a know-it-all unless you actually do.
Don't worry about it. Only idiots know everything.

Anyway, I obviously have a bias for parks like Boston Common and the Public Gardens. When talking about "city parks" I have a preference for parks that are actually in cities. Things like Central Park, Potomac Parks in Washington DC, Grant/Milliennium Park in Chicago, Golden Gate Park, and even Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta are what I would consider great "city parks". They're located in the city, and provide a beautiful green oasis in what otherwise would be considered to be a fully-urban area.

I don't thnik of places like White Rock Lake in Dallas as a "city park" because it's clearly in a suburban area.

I know not everyone will agree with me, but I like to think of urban parks whenever talking about "city parks"...not just a park that happens to be within the borders of a huge city.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:29 PM

16,087 posts, read 40,998,312 times

Fair Park Dallas, Texas.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:43 PM

79 posts, read 91,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
Yes I know the zoo there. If you had read my post in context (but being a teenager of the 2000's I'm guessing your reading comprehension is quite low), I was inquiring as to the non-zoo actual wildlife that lives in the park. From your post I am gathering that deer are the only wildlife in Central Park (which I don't believe due to its size and the plentiful food sources -think garbage cans) in the area. Could someone with an actual education inform me as to the wildlife in Central Park? No foxes? Other? Also, I believe there is an Equine Center in the park. Correct? Thanks.
Really? When? Where?

What a useless reply.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:48 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,343,189 times
I would have to say that of the cities in the Rocky Mountain States, also known as the Intermountain West, that Boise has some of if not the nicest parklands of the major cities in the Rockies.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:18 PM

9,095 posts, read 13,104,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving123 View Post
I have to include Milwaukee County in Wisconsin.They have the Lake Michigan shore line , flowers , birds , trees , etc. Also they have many many, inland parks as well !
Yes, I have not seen it but I have read Milwaukee County is supposed to have a pretty decent park system.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:40 AM

261 posts, read 263,959 times
SF metro easily
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City