Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 12:35 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,149,121 times

Advertisements

I have been to Kansas City and I even liked it more than I expected, but it was not "all that" so I think that other people generally feel that way as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 12:45 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrizzle View Post
Says the guy who was just crying in another post about Charlotte and "OMG we are better then KC" LOL... beetch please.
Um, don't know where I EVER said Charlotte was "better" than KC. However, there are things one can do in Charlotte that they can't do in KC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLjX4cd1Nt4

^^^^Does this urban element make Charlotte "better" than KC? Heck no!!!!
Does KC's urban elements make it better than Charlotte? Heck no!!!
Does Charlotte attract more newcomers than KC? Yes!!!
Are there more poeple living within an 1 hour drive of Charlotte than KC? Yes!!!
Does Charlotte have a taller skyline than KC? Yes!!!
Does Charlotte have a larger GDP than KC? Yes!!!

My point is that KC excels over the likes of Charlotte in some areas. However, Charlotte excels over KC in some things as well. The fact that a new comer like Charlotte can go toe to toe with KC when it comes to many stats knocks KC out of the "big city/big league" category and for good reasons. KC (much like many younger cities like Charlotte) is a medium sized large US city. It is a MUCH older city than many cities in its class, but that does not make KC a "better" city. Just something to think about the next time you decide to "beetch please" someone that probably knows more about your city than you know about theirs.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 12-08-2009 at 01:00 PM..

Old 12-08-2009, 12:50 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Um, don't know where I EVER said Charlotte was "better" than KC. However, there are things one can do in Charlotte that they can't do in KC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLjX4cd1Nt4

^^^^Does this urban element make Charlotte "better" than KC? Heck no!!!!
Does KC's urban elements make it better than Charlotte? Heck no!!!
Does Charlotte attract more newcomers than KC? Yes!!!
Are there more poeple living within an 1 hour drive of Charlotte than KC? Yes!!!
Does Charlotte have a taller skyline than KC? Yes!!!
Does Charlotte have a larger GDP than KC? Yes!!!

My point is that KC excels over the likes of Charlotte is some areas. However, Charlotte excels over KC in some as well. The fact that a new comer like Charlotte can go toe to toe with KC when it comes to many stats knocks KC out of the "big city/big league" category and for good reason. KC (much like many younger cities like Charlotte) is a medium sized large US city. Just something to think about the next time you decide to "beetch please" someone that probably knows more about your city than you know about theirs.
I thought this thread was Kansas City vs. the World, when did it become Kansas City vs. Charlotte?

Old 12-08-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post

I thought this thread was Kansas City vs. the World, when did it become Kansas City vs. Charlotte?
Well, most of these threads by KCMO started because of a thread that showed Charlotte's skyline ranking higher than KC's. This was a bit of an insult to KCMO, and threads like this one have followed ever since then. In a way, this IS a Charlotte vs KC thread. However, the OP feels that KC is "so far ahead of the likes of Charlotte" that he has refused to start a KC vs Charlotte thread. I could be wrong, but this is what it seems like to me.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:03 PM

1,211 posts, read 2,675,838 times
Quote:
Well, most of these threads by KCMO started because of a thread that showed Charlotte's skyline ranking higher than KC's. This was a bit of an insult to KCMO, and threads like this one have followed ever since then. In a way, this IS a Charlotte vs KC thread. However, the OP feels that KC is "so far ahead of the likes of Charlotte" that he has refused to start a KC vs Charlotte thread. I could be wrong, but this is what it seems like to me.
Stop trolling. You've overrated Charlotte beyond the realm of sanity my friend.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:09 PM

270 posts, read 855,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordtwo View Post
I visited Kansas City last year right before the Holidays and I enjoyed it 100 percent!!! It is located directly in the Center of the United States. I could see myself living there. Too me honestly it kills St. Louis all day, in my opinion.. Others may disagree, but for one thing I bet there is less crime there than those St. Louis... Years ago when I was younger I used to think St. Louis had the bigger population but I was totally wrong.
St. Louis does have the larger population in terms of MSA (Kansas City MSA just over 2 million, St. Louis MSA 2.8 million). It's also a lot denser within the city limits ( Kansas City 480k in 318 sq. miles, St. Louis 350K in 66 sq. miles).

That is what I think brings KC down, the fact that it is the smaller of the two areas in Missouri, so people tend to dismiss it. With that said, I love KC and take every oportunity I can to visit my friends. They're from St. Louis and will never move back, they enjoy KC so much.

I think KC is doing just fine, sometimes a lack of attention gives residents the oportunity to enjoy a hidden gem, as well as a low cost of living.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro.m View Post
Stop trolling. You've overrated Charlotte beyond the realm of sanity my friend.
I'll let the OP answer this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
My point is that KC is a major league city and has been one for a long time.

So tell me why KC should be grouped with Omaha or Oklahoma City or Raleigh (not putting down those towns)? I honestly would like to know from those that think so.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
I'll let the OP answer this one.
He's right!!! What's your point? Raleigh is much larger than those other cities he's named but it's still no Kansas City. Kansas City is more along the lines of Pittsburgh and Minneapolis. This isn't about Raleigh however. Charlotte is a large suburban new city. That's why they're are difficult to compare. If Charlotte looked like KC, I wouldn't have anything to say. Kansas City looks like a large east coast city...

Old 12-08-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro.m View Post
He's right!!! What's your point? Raleigh is much larger than those other cities he's named but it's still no Kansas City. Kansas City is more along the lines of Pittsburgh and Minneapolis. This isn't about Raleigh however. Charlotte is a large suburban new city. That's why they're are difficult to compare. If Charlotte looked like KC, I wouldn't have anything to say. Kansas City looks like a large east coast city...
Well, honestly, you've never been there so I'll just let you keep your opinion. Take my word for it. Cincy and Pittsburgh look and feel larger than KC. KC is NOT like larger North Eastern cities. Sorry, but it just isn't.

And the fact that you think Raleigh is "much larger" than OKC and Omaha is a freaking laugh!!!

Old 12-08-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:

And the fact that you think Raleigh is "much larger" than OKC and Omaha is a freaking laugh!!!
Well on paper it is... However that goes back to my argument about new vs historically large cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City