Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 07:22 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times

Advertisements

Much love KC you got my attention!!! I am gone have to visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 07:24 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,888,805 times
The P&L District in Downtown KCMO is probably one of the largest nightclub districts in the Midwest, if not the country. KC LIVE! is a self contained block of bars and night clubs that has concerts etc under the big roof.

The district also includes a renovated theater that host concerts, comedians etc call the Midland.

And aslo a "fork and screen" type movie theater also in a renovated structure with all digital projectors etc.

But KCMO also has several other more established entertainment districts, all of which do appeal to younger people as well such as the Plaza, Westport, W39th and Crossroads.

Here are some photos of the Plaza

Crossroads...

Westport...

Last edited by kcmo; 12-21-2009 at 07:38 PM..

Old 12-21-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladt View Post
^^^
KCMO. Those pics are very nice! I had not visited the entertainment district since the last time I was there in KC was 2002.
Yea, Downtown KC is really a different animal today vs 2002, I doubt you would even recognize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickmama View Post
I hate complexes!!!
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Much love KC you got my attention!!! I am gone have to visit.
Ahh see, it's working!

Old 12-21-2009, 07:35 PM

415 posts, read 1,210,408 times
So maybe it is one of the other few reason I listed. Because it seems that KC has the entertainment so maybe its the poor media attention or so forth either that or that KC doesnt put its self out there like other cities such as flashy new cities like Atlanta and Charlotte. and as far as the comparison to Raleigh. . . to an extent I can understand but KC aint as "Popping" as Raleigh, although Raleigh knows how to do so and they do get on KC's level its only like a few times a year or during festivals. Such as the Wide Open Festival

Old 12-21-2009, 09:07 PM

332 posts, read 525,092 times
Kansas City: Doesn't it have the world's greatest BBQ!

Totally be worth a weekend trip to see a Chiefs game, tailgate, and hit up a bunch of BBQ joints and then scope out the Plaza and see what bars/clubs/nightlife is there.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:17 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,075,143 times
The Power & Light District looks more like an open air shopping mall than anything resembling a nightlife district. Also, why does the OP feel it necessary to keep posting the same photos over and over and over again?

Old 12-22-2009, 12:40 PM

415 posts, read 1,210,408 times
^^^ Yes I would have to agree with that too! And the thing about the BBQ I cant comment on except one thing--> There is only one type of real BBQ on this earth and it is North Carolina BBQ more specifically the Lexington Style BBQ. . .World Famous! You should see the festival for that one too!

Old 12-22-2009, 01:43 PM

294 posts, read 782,080 times
No. Texas has THE best BBQ I have ever tasted! And I am not from Texas.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:02 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
The Power & Light District looks more like an open air shopping mall than anything resembling a nightlife district.
I agree...it looks like CityWalk at Universal.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
I agree...it looks like CityWalk at Universal.
It is what it is. A canned entertainment district that caters to the suburban and hotel crowds.

The LIVE block is popular though and can be a lot of fun and that part of the district is all bars, restaurants and clubs, not retail. Other parts of the district are retail and other things.

It was asked if KC had such a place and I simply showed it does and if you are looking for a place like this, KC has one of the better ones in the country.

I personally like the other areas of the city. The more authentic areas like crossroads, westport, plaza etc. That's why I rarely even mention the P&L district and my point is that KC has a diverse offering of entertainment venues and districts that can compete with just about any city outside the very large metros.

And I love KC BBQ, but how would you know Texas or Memphis or Carolina is the best unless you did a comparison taste test? I like theirs too. Guess I'm not a bbq snob though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City