Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 07:24 AM

134 posts, read 522,893 times

Advertisements

This post is from a couple years ago, but I am writing this for those of you still searching the weather difference between the Carolinas and Florida.

Is NC just as humid as FL? Yes and no, it depends on where you live. I lived in a small town outside of Raleigh, NC and I absolutely can say it is humid and the heat takes your breath away. I've lived in 3 major cities in Fl (Orlando, Tampa, & Jacksonville) and none of them have been as bad as Raleigh during the summertime. Grant it, Fl will feel hot in the direct sun, but ifyou stay in the shade in the summer months there are many days that are peaceful. It is hot everywhre in the summertime. In Jacksonville we had constant ocean breezes which is something we never had in NC. There were some days that went to 98 to 100 degrees in NC and it felt like it took my breath away. I felt more comfortable in Fl by far.

Also, in NC you better be prepared to enjoy cold weather because it can get down right cold from mid-Oct.-April (off and on--you might have some warm days sprinkled in). I moved from FL to NC, and then decided eventually to go back to FL again for the weather. I love the weather here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeska30 View Post
Hi! I am new to Florida, moved out there a little over a year ago with my husband to his hometown of Seminole, near Tampa. I am a Southern California girl myself. Needless to say the humidity has been hard to adjust to and actually keeps my indoors for at least 3 months. This past summer I almost went crazy and got pretty depressed by the heat and humidity. Florida is a beautiful, green and wet state. Love the warm waters and all the green but I do miss very much so seeing mountains.
We drove into Asheville area a few years ago to visit brother in law in Tennessee, loved it in Asheville and particularly in Black mountain. However it was summer time and we did experience the same humidity level and heat that we do in Florida. In that same road trip we went from Tennessee into the Carolinas and all the way to Florida.
I hear people say that the humidity is not as bad in North Carolina as it is in Florida.
Would love to hear from people who have actually lived in one or both places preferably that could give their perspectives of that.
We have to babies. I have written about this before but not just about the humidity. I know it may seem silly and also please add that too. Do you get used to it?
Anything else you could add about your experience and preference would be great. Really trying to gather more info, as much as possible.
Also our 2 year old son has Down syndrome if anyone has any idea of services for Ds or special needs in North Carolina.
Thanks and God Bless!!!
Jess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 03:01 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,386 times
Florida has more humidity because it's tropical. Humidity and tropical climates go hand in hand.

North Carolina is not a tropical climate, therefore it is less humid and warm, they also get four seasons where as Florida does not. Florida only has hot and hotter. And it's always tourist season in Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City