U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 06:29 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,405,423 times

Advertisements

As my user name suggests I am a Denver biased poster, but I would like to hear from you. If you were to leave your current location(or even if you live in one of these cities)..and you had just two choices for your next home(where would you choose to live)..those being Minneapolis or Denver..or of course the third option suicide as you hate both places.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 06:32 PM

1,588 posts, read 3,803,828 times
Left Charlotte for Denver and Denver for Minneapolis. All three are great areas, but I'm more impressed with Minneapolis.

I'm surprised you didn't list criteria like most versus threads. People usually want to know where one city beats out another. You know, criteria such as skyline, architecture, density, culture, universities, diversity, most dogs, etc...

Last edited by BlackOut; 01-07-2010 at 06:53 PM..

Old 01-07-2010, 07:39 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,405,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
Left Charlotte for Denver and Denver for Minneapolis. All three are great areas, but I'm more impressed with Minneapolis.

I'm surprised you didn't list criteria like most versus threads. People usually want to know where one city beats out another. You know, criteria such as skyline, architecture, density, culture, universities, diversity, most dogs, etc...
This started out as reactionary charged thread..it's open to anyone's personal opinion,criteria..why would you want to live in either city?..This thread will not get ugly as I am guilty of becoming..so keep it civil. Blackout's criteria above should be considered.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:44 PM

2,368 posts, read 7,218,292 times
I'd go with Denver. Although Minneapolis would be an appealing city to me too as I am a big Midwest fan.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:27 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,087,164 times
As a resident of Minneapolis, I'd have to say I think Minneapolis is a great city to live in. It has a compelling mix of parks, city lakes, vibrant neighborhoods, a busy cultural and music scene, and an interesting and lively downtown. It also has a diverse economy and an overall high quality of life. I also like Denver, and would rank it as one of my top 5 relocation destinations were I to move. Several neighborhoods remind me of parts of Minneapolis (eg Washington Park). I'm also impressed (and envious) of the areas commitment to promote rail transportation.

All in all--I prefer the City of Minneapolis to Denver (especially if St Paul is also factored in), but I'd go with the Rockies over the flat or rolling lakes, woods and farm fields of Minnesota. Denver also has a better overall climate, but its also (slightly) more remote.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:28 PM

11,075 posts, read 21,651,527 times
ok, enough with denver for a while. You are going to wear out your welcome .

Old 01-07-2010, 11:19 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,585,059 times
Despite my many squabbles with the TC posters, I vote Minneapolis. I need to be near greenery and substantial bodies of water.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:35 PM

12,250 posts, read 22,746,654 times
I go with Denver.. Not a schock as I live in Pueblo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City