Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best nightlife city
Los Angeles 16 12.90%
Miami 28 22.58%
New York City 63 50.81%
Other 17 13.71%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 12:20 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,632 times

Advertisements

Las Vegas - their nightlife goes all night long in more places than in NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 12:27 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
Boston yes it is diverse. But Austin revolves around nightlife. And what do you consider a significant amount of time?
Austin revolves around UT more than nightlife. University of Texas plays a large role in Austin's nightlife. Its nightlife beats out probably all the major cities in Texas. Fort Worth has decent nightlife though surprisingly.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:36 PM

648 posts, read 1,617,757 times
I don't know how much time I have spent in LA exactly. I have gone with my father when he was on business in LA many times.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:32 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,185,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
I don't know how much time I have spent in LA exactly. I have gone with my father when he was on business in LA many times.
It seems like you've been to LA quite a bit. I'll have to take your word for it.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:55 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
If your not over 21, maybe you shouldn't post. Not calling out any posters, just trying to get better feedback from the thread.

I've partied in NYC (East Village, West Village, Meat Packing)
LA (Hollywood Blvd, Sunset, Key Club, a few lounges)
no so much in Miami so I can't really say. Been to the Delano with my sister but it was an upscale party, lots of celebs but not really my scene.

Out of those 3 choices.

1) NYC
2) LA
3) Miami

Out of the entire country

1) NYC
2) Chicago
3) LA
4) Vegas

Old 01-09-2010, 05:57 PM

981 posts, read 805,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
If your not over 21, maybe you shouldn't post. Not calling out any posters, just trying to get better feedback from the thread.

I've partied in NYC (East Village, West Village, Meat Packing)
LA (Hollywood Blvd, Sunset, Key Club, a few lounges)
no so much in Miami so I can't really say. Been to the Delano with my sister but it was an upscale party, lots of celebs but not really my scene.

Out of those 3 choices.

1) NYC
2) LA
3) Miami

Out of the entire country

1) NYC
2) Chicago
3) LA
4) Vegas
LOL at Chicago's inclusion.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:54 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
^^ That's my opinion.

Chicago is one of the only cities where it's actually affordable to go out whenever you feel like it, and for there to be enough entertainment to keep things fresh IMO. I don't consider nightlife something tourist driven. I consider it something locally driven. Most locals prefer to go to night spots filled with locals.

If I only went with things to do per capita after dark, then Vegas might win. But If I lived in Vegas I would probably get tired of the scene. NYC has the most options available , but how much would you have to make to actually go out 3-4 times a week and really have fun? Miami's scene is different from other parts of the country, but it caters to the famous and wealthy too much for my taste. Chicago has 2nd best nightlife in the country IMO. In the summertime, Chicago parties all day some days.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:00 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muman View Post
More than NYC? This thread was about the nightlife capital of the U.S. I'm sure there's no city in the U.S. with more available nightlife than New York. The numbers don't lie.
Yeah those numbers are probably because of the OTHER things NYC has to offer. Alot of people go to NYC not only for nightlife, but for history, tourism etc, etc. LV is the ONLY city I know of that people go there STRICTLY for the NIGHTlife. So yes, maybe I was wrong, New Yorks numbers MIGHT lie. They don't call it sin city for nothing.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:01 PM

981 posts, read 805,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
^^ That's my opinion.

Chicago is one of the only cities where it's actually affordable to go out whenever you feel like it, and for there to be enough entertainment to keep things fresh IMO. I don't consider nightlife something tourist driven. I consider it something locally driven. Most locals prefer to go to night spots filled with locals.

If I only went with things to do per capita after dark, then Vegas might win. But If I lived in Vegas I would probably get tired of the scene. NYC has the most options available , but how much would you have to make to actually go out 3-4 times a week and really have fun? Miami's scene is different from other parts of the country, but it caters to the famous and wealthy too much for my taste. Chicago has 2nd best nightlife in the country IMO. In the summertime, Chicago parties all day some days.
I can accept your opinion; I just wouldn't put Chicago 2nd to NYC.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:04 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Las Vegas - their nightlife goes all night long in more places than in NYC.
Exactly!!!! And LV goes more then Miami and LA included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City