Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 05:29 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,279,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobloblawslawblog View Post
How do you figure I was "attacking" the whole forum? I said these forums attract that element. I never accused every single poster in these forums of making this geographical error. That's taking what I said way out of context.

However, you actually did accuse the entire West coast, including the PNW, of thinkng those states are Midwestern... which is total b.s.
I come here to waste time and entertainment.... but Draawma over the top? I can do without. just a tad less? Well a bit more maybe. Read over your post insulting any one who disagrees and dares call the whole center of the nation the Midwest or Oklahoma? Or merely points out... for some in authority or for their corporate reasons......have maps that have a LOWER MIDWEST TO THE GULF and even including OKLAHOMA AS A MIDWESTEN STATE WITH THOSE TO ITS NORTH?
It's OK. The world won't end Ok . Just chill it down a bit.
Just there is no reason to call others crazy ....it's uncalled for. There really is a Lower Midwest for those who wish to use it. I wouldn't care if someone called my state of PA.... part of the Northeast? Or Mid-Atlantic? Or Central Atlantic? Or even New England??? I would just say most would not call it part of New England.
But to go ballistic? No
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 05:42 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,596,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
I come here to waste time and entertainment.... but Draawma over the top? I can do without. just a tad less? Well a bit more maybe. Read over your post insulting any one who disagrees and dares call the whole center of the nation the Midwest or Oklahoma? Or merely points out... for some in authority or for their corporate reasons......have maps that have a LOWER MIDWEST TO THE GULF and even including OKLAHOMA AS A MIDWESTEN STATE WITH THOSE TO ITS NORTH?
It's OK. The world won't end Ok . Just chill it down a bit.
Just there is no reason to call others crazy ....it's uncalled for. There really is a Lower Midwest for those who wish to use it. I wouldn't care if someone called my state of PA.... part of the Northeast? Or Mid-Atlantic? Or Central Atlantic? Or even New England??? I would just say most would not call it part of New England.
But to go ballistic? No
What you're calling drama, or "Draawma", is just me correcting you and a few others on being geographically ignorant. I don't know where you went to school, but most schools (and the U.S. Census bureau, and countless history references) classify states like Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas as being in the South, not the Midwest. It's sad that this even needs to be explained.

I find it funny that you think I'm foaming at the mouth with rage over this. I was actually giggling when I typed the post you're referencing. It's pretty humorous that grown adults think Texas is in the Midwest. It looks to me like you're the one taking this personally. Your defensive tone here makes that pretty obvious.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:00 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
I'm deeply offended but I couldn't tell you why

Old 12-02-2014, 06:46 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,210,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcallday View Post
I'll rep all of this +10 and include the stereotype that DC has no nightlife, it's a city full of physically unattractive people/nerds and there are no areas within the city that have single family homes.
This. This 10x infinity! Rep points for you

Old 12-02-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:
What you're calling drama, or "Draawma", is just me correcting you and a few others on being geographically ignorant. I don't know where you went to school, but most schools (and the U.S. Census bureau, and countless history references) classify states like Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas as being in the South, not the Midwest. It's sad that this even needs to be explained.

I find it funny that you think I'm foaming at the mouth with rage over this. I was actually giggling when I typed the post you're referencing. It's pretty humorous that grown adults think Texas is in the Midwest. It looks to me like you're the one taking this personally. Your defensive tone here makes that pretty obvious.
CALM.... and keep giggling.... but foaming at the mouth. I didn't create the maps I posted. But I surely can see a division of the US with a LOWER and UPPER Midwest ...that surely can have Texas and Oklahoma as in a LOWER MIDWEST. It is not written in stone ....ONLY IS A UPPER MIDWEST? I knew there were other divisions of the US into zones? Even for the East Coast? Sometimes it's just a Northeast? Sometimes a Mid-Atlantic or Mid-Central ....and a New England too.
I actually like that first Map I posted..... division of the US. Just going ballistic and they are nuts too? Don't change these Maps and those divisions exist too.
NEED TO GET BACK ON TOPIC......

Old 12-02-2014, 08:44 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,596,140 times
Quote:
CALM.... and keep giggling.... but foaming at the mouth. I didn't create the maps I posted. But I surely can see a division of the US with a LOWER and UPPER Midwest ...that surely can have Texas and Oklahoma as in a LOWER MIDWEST. It is not written in stone ....ONLY IS A UPPER MIDWEST? I knew there were other divisions of the US into zones? Even for the East Coast? Sometimes it's just a Northeast? Sometimes a Mid-Atlantic or Mid-Central ....and a New England too.
I actually like that first Map I posted..... division of the US. Just going ballistic and they are nuts too? Don't change these Maps and those divisions exist too.
NEED TO GET BACK ON TOPIC......
What are you prattling on about? And why do you keep using the word "ballistic"? Ballistic gibberish is more like it.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:27 PM

3,530 posts, read 4,175,298 times
Quote:
What are you prattling on about? And why do you keep using the word "ballistic"? Ballistic gibberish is more like it.
I'd say take it easy on him. It seems pretty clear English isn't his first language (if it is, though, then yea, ballistic gibberish).

Never seen a map with Texas as Midwest, so his post is pretty shocking, though. Wonder what the source is for those maps--how much credibility those agencies hold. Seems they may be antiquated maps--Texas is usually always the South, or just Texas.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:00 AM

The answer..... past personal insults and my PA education..... Is Corporations to Government agencies. Can divide the US into territories as they please? From placing Texas in the South or with the Southwest or a lower Midwest? I feel California with Oregon and Washington as the Pacific Region? Rather then with the Southwest as standard?
Why think how dare they? To say ridicules.... and they are idiots??? Merely all I meant with my comment and reply. Here are example other maps. Plenty of examples of how Companies can ...and do divide regions of the US. If a simpleton like me can realize that........ and pardon my English.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...F-8&n=60&x=wrt

But we are really off topic.... as it is to be on cities.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:51 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,102,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Another one is the Californians who refer to Tulsa (and Oklahoma as a whole) as the Midwest. Just grates on the ears.
Well, what do people in Oklahoma consider Oklahoma? Because most of us Southerners don't really consider it Southern...

Old 12-03-2014, 08:55 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,102,136 times
Quote:

There are some in authority that link Oklahoma as part of the Midwest. Look at this map. Who puts it out? Apparently they have a reason with that one state ......Also,some map upper Michigan thru to Southern tip of Texas as the Midwest in maps..⤵
Those maps are just...wrong. Texas and Tennessee in the Midwest?!? LOL, yeah right...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City