Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state has better food?
California 225 71.43%
Georgia 90 28.57%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 09:44 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,070,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymes with Best Coast View Post
This is getting childish.

I give you a link where you can buy the Los Angeles edition for $10.17, and you come back with that? Okay, whatever you say!

How bout this then.
Welcome to the Michelin Guide (http://www.michelinguide.com/us/stars_la08.html - broken link)
That's from 2 years ago, where's the 2010 LA edition? Oh that's right, it doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 09:45 PM

1,854 posts, read 4,919,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
Funny how you skipped over the first part of what the OP said.
In other words, you didn't see the "Better overall, better restaurants" part.

The local cuisine can certainly be part of the debate, but the question that is being asked is which state offers better overall food.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:46 PM

1,854 posts, read 4,919,196 times
Quote:
That's from 2 years ago, where's the 2010 LA edition? Oh that's right, it doesn't exist.
Well, here's the 2009 one. LOL

Welcome to the MICHELIN Guide

You are grasping for straws after being embarrassed. Just stop.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:47 PM

672 posts, read 1,788,243 times
Quote:
Why are we focusing on this BTW? Debating tactic?

The fact is that they did, including SF and Vegas, which are all in the sphere of California.

However, I predict that never, ever, in a 1,000 years will they bother with anything in Georgia.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:48 PM

793 posts, read 1,452,524 times
Quote:
Not really.

Well, apparently not anymore

Welcome to the MICHELIN Guide
It is a temporary suspension in 2010 due to the economy, LA and LV will be back by 2011 if the economy improves. This is not a reflection of the quality of food in each city, but of course you wouldnt know that.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:53 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Also even though I think CA has better food overall than GA, some of you are seriously exaggerating the how "fresh and organic" the produce and meat is in CA. Yeah it has plenty of that but it also has plenty of crap grown here. Look at the recent E-coli outbreaks and where they started, CA. Drive through the Central Valley and take note of all the factory farms with cows sitting in their own crap, anyone who's driven I-5 between LA and SF knows this. CA is full of factory farms that produce some pretty average produce and meats. Honestly I think cows are happier in WI than they are in CA b/c of some of the horrid conditions these cows sit in. Not saying that plenty of other states don't have these conditions as well but lets be honest, some of Ca's agriculture industry is pretty damn disgusting. A lot of CA is big, corporate farms.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:55 PM

793 posts, read 1,452,524 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure you can get sushi and Mexican food just about anywhere, what is this the 70's?
You can get anything, anywhere....but we are debating the selection and quality. You can get decent Chinese cuisine in Atlanta, but do you think it compares to the selection of regional chinese cooking, markets and groceries in San Francisco? and this example extends much further than just Chinese Food.

The only way you could argue this is if you have never spent time eating in both states extensively, which I suspect is your case.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:58 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,070,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Also even though I think CA has better food overall than GA, some of you are seriously exaggerating the how "fresh and organic" the produce and meat is in CA. Yeah it has plenty of that but it also has plenty of crap grown here. Look at the recent E-coli outbreaks and where they started, CA. Drive through the Central Valley and take not of all the factory farms with cows sitting in their own crap, anyone who's driven I-5 between LA and SF knows this. CA is full of factory farms that produce some pretty average produce and meats. Honestly I think cows are happier in WI than they are in CA b/c of some of the horrid conditions these cows sit in. Not saying that plenty of other states don't have these conditions as well but lets be honest, some of Ca's agriculture industry is pretty damn disgusting. A lot of CA is big, corporate farms.
That's too funny. I constantly see those "Happy Cows Come From California" commercials on TV. You're probably right though; the average dairy farm in Wisconsin has 70 cows vs 400 in CA.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:00 PM

672 posts, read 1,788,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Also even though I think CA has better food overall than GA, some of you are seriously exaggerating the how "fresh and organic" the produce and meat is in CA. Yeah it has plenty of that but it also has plenty of crap grown here. Look at the recent E-coli outbreaks and where they started, CA. Drive through the Central Valley and take not of all the factory farms with cows sitting in their own crap, anyone who's driven I-5 between LA and SF knows this. CA is full of factory farms that produce some pretty average produce and meats. Honestly I think cows are happier in WI than they are in CA b/c of some of the horrid conditions these cows sit in. Not saying that plenty of other states don't have this as well but lets be honest, some of Ca's agriculture industry is pretty damn disgusting.
Perhaps I'm in my own world then. Here in downtown SF, there's three farmers markets within walking distance to me. The market at the ferry building is among the best in the world.

I'm just used to getting stuff with the morning's dew on it. Not everyone is used to this, nor do I think everyone should be. I will testify to the quality, quantity, and variety that I have easy access to. And it's not even that expensive since shipping costs are extremely minimal.

But that's just me.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:02 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
That's too funny. I constantly see those "Happy Cows Come From California" commercials on TV. You're probably right though; the average dairy farm in Wisconsin has 70 cows vs 400 in CA.
I came across a thread a while ago in the WI forum by chance about those commercials and people in WI were pissed. And after I learned the difference in how cows are treated in WI compared to CA farms, I understood their frustrations. It's basically false advertising, cows in WI seem to have it much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City