Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best City?
Philadelphia 102 46.58%
Boston 117 53.42%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 11:05 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,954,859 times

Advertisements

boston almost sound like a southern city with all the racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 12:52 AM

2,419 posts, read 4,720,939 times
Boston's full of cornballs. You ever see the departed?

Old 01-28-2011, 09:23 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,275,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I find that to be completely untrue. Hell is eternal and no city in the states can top that. Hell also has much greater density and its diversity is pretty much unparalleled. Its mass transit is probably the best in the worlds, because your flayed flesh and tears are spread throughout its infinities of torment so you are actually already everywhere immediately and forever.
Hell has seven different levels too. Neither Boston nor Philly can boast that many levels.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
I was talking about city proper
Most of the Asians in Boston either live in the city or directly adjacent to it. I live in Dorchester and my street is easily 20% Viet Namese. We also have a huge Chinese population.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:32 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,451,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
boston almost sound like a southern city with all the racism.
If that were the case, I'd welcome it. The Southern cities generally tend to be very accepting of blacks...it's the rural areas where things get dicey.

As it was mentioned before, a great deal of the black/white clash in Boston is involved with the working class whites. It's a very dark past, especially in regards to things like the busing riots...but I would like to think it is okay now. It's certainly much better than back then haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Most of the Asians in Boston either live in the city or directly adjacent to it. I live in Dorchester and my street is easily 20% Viet Namese. We also have a huge Chinese population.
Not to mention Quincy aka Chinatown South.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
This is why I don't particularly care for Boston. As the lady in the second article says, "No matter how bad things get for Blacks down South, at least we don't live in Boston."

Resources: Database: "Divided We Stand. Is Boston Racist?" Boston Magazine (November 2002)

At 100, Boston NAACP Confronts City’s Mixed Past | WBUR
Gimme a break! New York has far more racial incidents marring it's history than Boston could ever possibly approach. That's all you have been hearing about for the last forty years. Murders and assaults based on race. Yet New York is somehow able to brush off the moniker of a city with a racial undertone.
The reason is that Boston is not supposed to have racial strife. It is where the abolition movement began and it is the birthplace of modern liberalism.

BTW the article states that "with a 50% population of people of color, they have never elected a black mayor". Boston has never had a black population over 25%. I wonder what other lies are in the article.

And before you post inflammatory photos you really should do your homework on the photo you post. The person with the flag (Joe Rakes) was seventeen at the time and he was swinging the flag pole around, he wasn't attempting to spear the black man. The black man is Ted Landsmark, who still lives in the racial hellhole that is Boston.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That is the billion dollar question that me and my friends have never figured out. In 2008, Obama barely edged out Clinton in Boston proper and actually LOST Middlesex County (Cambridge), where his alma mater, Harvard University, is located.

Election Center 2008: Primary Results - Elections & Politics news from CNN.com
Of course it couldn't have been the fact that the people of Middlesex County didn't think that Obama was qualified to be POTUS now could it. It was certainly the color of his skin.
Can you explain to my wife, who never has had a racist thought in her life, why she was being racist when she voted for Hilary in the primary?

Old 01-28-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
That was a movie killa. Or maybe Philly is full of Paulie's from Rocky

Old 01-28-2011, 10:01 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,454,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Of course it couldn't have been the fact that the people of Middlesex County didn't think that Obama was qualified to be POTUS now could it. It was certainly the color of his skin.
Can you explain to my wife, who never has had a racist thought in her life, why she was being racist when she voted for Hilary in the primary?
She was being sexist for voting her because she was a woman.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:03 AM

371 posts, read 597,126 times
Not a fan of Boston, (mostly its sports teams) but I have to say Boston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City