Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 10:22 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Just after another Sooner win over the Horns! Yeh!
Actually I was thinkin' MY school over Gramblin'...

And I know it's less likely to see Oklahoma beat Texas, so it's good to take in the moment, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 10:34 PM

538 posts, read 1,191,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
Everybody should be proud of their state in one way or another...
That is an interesting point. I'm sure it's natural to be proud of your land, be it your neighborhood, your village, your city or your state. What I'm not sure is whether it's unequivocally a good thing.

Pride is one of seven deadly sins. It can easily lead to arrogance, exclusion and worse. Time and again on these pages and elsewhere I see the terms "transplants" and "native" used as a passive-aggressive way to assert one's undeniable superiority. But, let's face it, where you were born is neither your fault nor your achievement.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:13 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Just after another Sooner win over the Horns! Yeh!
Don't make me vomit. Sooner's gonna get that but whooped this year. The Horns are getting older and bigger. Malcolm Brown's gonna tear up the field.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:26 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,437,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Yeah. Down the Midway as the sun's goin down with a corndog in one hand and fried ice cream in the other....
A corndog? I believe you mean a Fletcher's cornydog.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:10 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,385,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth08 View Post
Texas
New York
New Jersey
Virgina
California

(in no particular order) Texas is def #1
I know I'm replying to an old post, but you can go ahead and take VA off that list.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:17 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
A corndog? I believe you mean a Fletcher's cornydog.
I don't pay attention to the names.... I just EAT.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:29 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Don't make me vomit. Sooner's gonna get that but whooped this year. The Horns are getting older and bigger. Malcolm Brown's gonna tear up the field.
Whhooooooooeeeeeeee! Love it!

Bring on them Horns!

Old 04-25-2012, 10:17 AM

25 posts, read 49,944 times
I only saw a few mentions of Pennsylvania, but I would have to put it up there as well. Probably not on the level of NYC or Texas, or maybe even California. But Pennsylvanians have a kind of vague, hollow pride in their state. By this I mean things like, "Well we may not have the economic strength of Cali. or Texas... but we're still better", "Oh sure, we don't have NYC but we have Philly, so we're better", etc etc... No real logical reasoning for it, but the mentality is there. It definitely shines through mostly when it comes to driving. We take pride in having some of the worst roads in the country, and ANYONE driving in PA who has out of state plates is a terrible driver, no exceptions... don't believe, just take a car ride with someone from PA behind the wheel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City