Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one?
L.A. 44 66.67%
D.C. 22 33.33%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 02:00 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,916,690 times

Advertisements

I've been having a though in my head as of late. And quite frankly, what I've "heard" about how Los Angeles is like (materialistic, snobbish, backstabbing, fake, underhanded, pretentious, narcissistic, sanctimonious...any other synonym of the following words) describes a lot about how many people are where I am right now! Not that I care for either of these two cities, but from your personal experiences, which of these cities is more shallow and narcissistic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 05:49 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times
I hate to stereotype an entire city, but for the sake of argument, it would be Los Angeles by miles.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:49 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,760,626 times
Id have to agree

Old 02-14-2009, 05:50 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,058,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
I hate to stereotype an entire city, but for the sake of argument, it would be Los Angeles by miles.

thousnads of miles

Old 02-14-2009, 07:50 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,632,486 times
DC is fake? Some of the realest people I've have ever met, hails from the Capitol.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:59 PM

8,609 posts, read 10,140,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
DC is fake? Some of the realest people I've have ever met, hails from the Capitol.
I feel the same way about LA. Of course, I can't speak for the celebrities though, just as I'm guessing you can't speak for the politicians.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:24 AM

5 posts, read 12,723 times
LA - no contest. DC is a rather tame place, and politics is really nothing other than show business for ugly people. Nobody leaves mom and pop in Iowa, takes a greyhound bus, and tries to make it big in DC on looks alone........

Old 02-15-2009, 10:27 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
DC! I wouldn't say they are fake, but shallow and narcissistic they are. People let the whole image of Hollywood create their image of what LA really is, but the people there are extremely cool and laid-back. I honestly can't say the same for people in DC who think they are better and more smart than anyone else.

They get so pissed off if you call them southern or northern as if they are different from the rest of us. They have one of the highest crime rates in the country and I believe one of the highest or the highest rate of AIDS. This dude I know form their actually had the nerve to say it is only like that because they are such a small STATE?????

DC for the win

Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 PM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,167,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
DC! I wouldn't say they are fake, but shallow and narcissistic they are. People let the whole image of Hollywood create their image of what LA really is, but the people there are extremely cool and laid-back. I honestly can't say the same for people in DC who think they are better and more smart than anyone else.
Agreed. DC by a longshot. I've found the NoVA/MD/DC to be one of the most shallow and narcissistic areas out there. People there try to pretend like they're not, but pepole who are not from the NE can see through it pretty quickly. I recently moved from DC to Tampa Bay and I'm loving it. I don't think two places could be more different.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:50 AM

30 posts, read 78,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post

They get so pissed off if you call them southern or northern as if they are different from the rest of us. They have one of the highest crime rates in the country and I believe one of the highest or the highest rate of AIDS. This dude I know form their actually had the nerve to say it is only like that because they are such a small STATE?????

DC for the win

LOL @ this reply, and this poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City