Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 11:50 AM

725 posts, read 1,503,227 times

Advertisements

Stop hating on the dance music. It's catchy. It's fun. If you let go and joined in you will see why its so popular
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 11:55 AM

11,327 posts, read 20,245,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
That's why I hate going out now because they play each one of these songs back to back and everyone looks dumb as hell doing those dances (especially stanky leg and Frankyyy lol).
Lol my sister had to do the stanky leg do for her graduation last year. I heard they be swag surfin a lot in Miami too.

I like some of them dances, I be doing them too lol, but I don't consider that Hip-Hop.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:57 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,037,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theATLien View Post
Stop hating on the dance music. It's catchy. It's fun. If you let go and joined in you will see why its so popular
Dance songs were fine at first, but now its too many and it's annoying.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:07 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,590,704 times
Im with Jluke. I think they suck. I thought all these were just local, until I went to visit my enlaws in Las Vegas last week. My wife has a 17 year old sister and we went around with her and her boyfriend. When we were in the car, they started playing Stanky Leg. Appearently its popular at their High School. That sucks that one of Dallas' music exports is the crappy rap dance song.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:12 PM

11,327 posts, read 20,245,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Dance songs were fine at first, but now its too many and it's annoying.
I agree, I didn't even know the Halle Berry was a dance, they're getting less and less creative.

Lol @ the booty dew going nowhere.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:16 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,168,308 times
Quote:
You could say the same about two-step and honkytonk but it doesn't make the music any less crappy.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:16 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,037,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I agree, I didn't even know the Halle Berry was a dance, they're getting less and less creative.

Lol @ the booty dew going nowhere.
You have lots more dance songs coming from local Texas rappers that never go anywhere, but us Texans are forced to put up with them.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:17 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,801,759 times
Quote:
Way too many, and way to repetitive.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:42 PM

229 posts, read 518,334 times
I noticed something. Whenever Houston is discussed in city-vs-city, it seems to attract a lot of attention along with many responses to the threads. Why is this???
Just wondering.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:45 PM

4,836 posts, read 11,950,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Contrary to what many say on here, New Orleans is definitely on par with Miami when it comes to international recognition. In fact New Orleans's international reputation has a much longer history than Miami--especially considering the fact that it was one of the primary destinations in America for immigrants in the late 19th/early 20th Centuries. Now it may not be as glamorous among the jet-set crowd, especially after the resurgence of South Beach over the past 20 years, but it nonetheless remains a primary destination for international tourists given its history and uniqueness. Mardi Gras is definitely world renown and its musical history is internationally recognized as well.
What does being a immigrant destination in the 1800s and early 20th century have to do wit this. 50% of Miami population was born outside the US if you want to talk about immigrants. That is the highest percentage in the world. I was actually talking to a women from spain today and she knew nothing about Mardi Gras in New Orleans and almost nothing about the city. She studied 4 years in the states too. When New Orleans has more then just a 45 Seat Regional Jet to ONE international city then we can talk about International tourist. New Orleans in no way is an international destination like Miami. People from Italy or Russia dont have second homes in New Orleans they do in Miami. The two can compare in Night Life fine I will give it that. But in NO way can they compare in international tourist or being known internationally. The city is lucky to have one International airline flying there. Again if so many international tourist went to N.O. why no flights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
See I would term it the other way...I would say that LV's nightlife is on par with NY while Miami's worldwide nightlife is debatable..

I dont see how Miami's nightlife can be on par with NY's when it is for the most part a tourist destination and a college town...what business people, young professionals or what people other than celebrities and college students frequent Miami's night spots?

Maybe real estate moguls I suppose? IDK
Miami is a college town? How is Miami a college town. University of Miami has 10,000 students and FIU is mainly a commuter school. DC, Boston those are college towns Miami is not a college town. Also you do know Miami is one of the largest international finance centers in the US. I think maybe only NYC beats it. Lets not forget about some of the large companies based in Miami and the 100's of multi-national companies that have Latin America HQ's in Miami. Also Miami is a huge media center. Yes there are a lot of tourist in Miami but there are also a lot of tourist in New York and ONLY tourist in Las Vegas. There are also A LOT of very wealthy and sucessful people who live in Miami running these international companies, law firms etc.. Miami might not be on the same level as NYC but its night life is one of the best in the world and it is known worldwide for it. People in Europe dont go to Las Vegas for night life they go to Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City