Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
Santa Monica 35 63.64%
Miami Beach 20 36.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 03:07 PM

736 posts, read 2,294,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Totally agree. Swimming in the Atlantic is like swimming in a lake. It is very comfortable but body surfing is pretty lame & board surfing is impossible. There's certainly nothing like the "wedge" in Newport Beach anywhere in the U.S. outside Hawaii. The reason I can stay in the chilly Pacific as long as I do [often several hours] is the waves are just too exciting. I've swam off Laguna beach and ended up a mile from where I started because of the current and great waves. But there isn't the clear water like off Florida except maybe in places like Catalina island [mainly the west side]. Too much pollution esp during winter!

Yes, an intense set of waves will take your mind away from the chilly waters of the Pacific. But I sure wish you could take SoFla or Hawaii type ocean waters and place them in SoCalif.

So is this link for real? Surf schools in Miami Beach...??? A bit like offering Skiiing lessons in Kansas!!

SURFMiamiBeach.com - Surfing Lessons, Surf Lessons, Surf Camp & Surf Info in Miami Beach, Florida!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 03:09 PM

736 posts, read 2,294,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I wish the beaches of Cali and the beaches of Florida can come together and form ONE beach. That would be awesome. There would be ALOT of food options, shopping, clubs, WAVES, surfing, warm water, Hills, palisades, PLENTY of girls, PLENTY of Latina girls, parties, it would literally be PARADISE.

Yes, I AGREE....well actually Hawaii does just that minus the large concentration of Latina girls. Lots of nice Hawaiian/Pacific Islander girls though.....

Old 02-25-2010, 03:11 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I wish the beaches of Cali and the beaches of Florida can come together and form ONE beach. That would be awesome. There would be ALOT of food options, shopping, clubs, WAVES, surfing, warm water, Hills, palisades, PLENTY of girls, PLENTY of ASIAN girls, parties, it would literally be PARADISE.
That would be Hawaii

Old 02-25-2010, 03:12 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_OnThe_Land View Post
Yes, I AGREE....well actually Hawaii does just that minus the large concentration of Latina girls. Lots of nice Hawaiian/Pacific Islander girls though.....
Wow, I actually said Latina girls. That was redundant.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:13 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
That would be Hawaii
Very true, and I wouldn't mind that either.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:17 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,654,155 times
From what I understand, Santa Monica, and ALL of California, is not as HUMID and HOT as South Florida, where I live. I would go with Santa Monica.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:43 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,695,114 times
Santa Monica of course. FLA is overrated.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:55 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,607,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
But there isn't the clear water like off Florida except maybe in places like Catalina island [mainly the west side]. Too much pollution esp during winter!
I always found the beaches in Malibu to have pretty clean and pollution-free water (Zuma, El Matador). Not Florida clear, but certainly much better than the waters off Santa Monica, Manhattan or Hermosa.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:05 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Malibu, South Orange County coast such as Laguna Beach, and most of San Diego has much clearer and cleaner water than Santa Monica and much of LA County. Venice Beach is downright disgusting.

Some of the clearest water I've seen in Southern CA has been at some of the smaller beaches in La Jolla with whiter sand than most other ones.

This pic was taken at Windansea Beach and the water here can be VERY clear many times, reminds me of Hawaii a lot.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:39 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
Both are beautiful and I would love to live in either one. Santa Monica seems more livable while Miami Beach is more vacation/trip-ish. Miami Beach has the superior beach imo, but to live I'd choose Santa Monica.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City