Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 03:29 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Half them ATL artist just claim Atlanta and that list is not accurate. Chingy is from St. Louis Usher was actually born in Dallas, Texas but he does claim ATL like so many other artist from there. Even though I am southerner I am sick of the southern hip hop but East Coast and West Coast isn't much better (I think it’s worse). I wouldn’t point the blame at the south for killing hip-hop but I am not going to defended it either. Hip hop is just so screwed up today just my opinion. As long as mainstream keeps buying and supporting bad music it will continue.
Usher wasn't raised in Dallas though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 03:30 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,249,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
This is for more classy folks.

YouTube - R. Kelly - Step In The Name Of Love
Boooooooooooooooooooo. I HATE R. Kelly to the highest degree of 1 Million suns. His joke of a trial proves that young black girls are not valued by anyone in this country. People who know me learned that its best not to say anything about R. Kelly around me. It's amazing to me that it's mainly WOMEN that defend his sick ass.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Boooooooooooooooooooo. I HATE R. Kelly to the highest degree of 1 Million suns. His joke of a trial proves that young black girls are not valued by anyone in this country. People who know me learned that its best not to say anything about R. Kelly around me. It's amazing to me that it's mainly WOMEN that defend his sick ass.
You still have to respect his music though; he has put a classics regardless of his flaws or ways.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:35 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,249,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
You still have to respect his music though; he has put a classics regardless of his flaws or ways.
See, this ignorant logic right here...

He has came out with some good music, but the ***** was ON tape having sex with a 14 y/o girl, and there are still people who act as if he was some innocent, persecuted political prisoner. GTFOHWTHBS

And yes, if I were to judge all the singers I listen to by their actions and so called "flaws", I'd have to delete about 79% of my songs off my iPod.
Hell, sometimes I feel guilty listening to Michael Jackson, and I don't even think he was a kid-toucher. His boundaries with children were questionable, but I believe that he was molested as a child.

In R. Kelly's case, there was evidence, and a history of this going on with him. He was quite blatant with it if you ask me. Him marrying Aaliyah when she was 15, stuff like that.

It sickens me, and like I said, R. Kelly's farce of a trial proved to me once and for all the misogyny and treatment of black women in society. But what in hell do I know?

Old 03-27-2010, 03:40 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times

YouTube - Walk It Out-UNK

YouTube - Cherish ft. Sean Paul - Do it to it

This was the best dance to date imo. I could still walk it out.

I was never good with that crank dat stuff, then they came out with the batman and all that extra stuff.

Lean Wit It Rock Wit It + Walk It Out/Pool Palace is what I was always good at.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:43 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:

He has came out with some good music, but the ***** was ON tape having sex with a 14 y/o girl, and there are still people who act as if he was some innocent, persecuted political prisoner. GTFOHWTHBS
Yea I don't like him or respect him as a person but I do respect Kells for his music. Not a big fan of his new stuff "trapped in the closet" but the man is talented musician and truly is the Marvin Gaye of this era. Nobody in the music industry could touch R. Kelly at his peak.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:

I agree....R. Kelly regardless of his flaws put out some classic records and might be the greatest artist of the era. He up there with the big dogs in other words.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Usher wasn't raised in Dallas though.
He was raised in Tennessee for most of his life I believe.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:

And yes, if I were to judge all the singers I listen to by their actions and so called "flaws", I'd have to delete about 79% of my songs off my iPod.
Hell, sometimes I feel guilty listening to Michael Jackson, and I don't even think he was a kid-toucher. His boundaries with children were questionable, but I believe that he was molested as a child.

In R. Kelly's case, there was evidence, and a history of this going on with him. He was quite blatant with it if you ask me. Him marrying Aaliyah when she was 15, stuff like that.

It sickens me, and like I said, R. Kelly's farce of a trial proved to me once and for all the misogyny and treatment of black women in society. But what in hell do I know?
I didn't say respect him, but his craft and art. If I actually liked Chris Brown's music; I would've bought his latest album even though he beat Rihanna.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:11 PM

9 posts, read 12,206 times
The Queen of Neo Soul - This is pure hip hop- Nobody in the south can touch this lady. That’s nothing but the modern day Billie Holiday.

YouTube - Erykah Badu - On and On (Live)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City