Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2010, 03:18 PM

26 posts, read 23,768 times

Advertisements

Ive just seen a thread of a Dallas vs LA and dallas was winning by a landslide.

Ive seen a dallas vs denver vs philly thread and philly was winning by a landslide

So is it me or is people making philadelphia look good?

where would you rather live.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:41 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFdeliveryguy View Post

Ive seen a dallas vs denver vs philly thread and philly was winning by a landslide

What thread are you referring to? Dallas vs Los Angeles?

I believe Philadelphia county is essentially the city of Philadelphia [like San Francisco county] & does not include surrounding cities. I may be incorrect though. LA county covers a lot of ground well beyond the city of Los Angeles.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:45 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,885,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post

I believe Philadelphia county is essentially the city of Philadelphia [like San Francisco county] & does not include surrounding cities. I may be incorrect though. LA county covers a lot of ground well beyond the city of Los Angeles.

You are quite right about Philadelphia County being the only the city of Philadelphia, and answered a question I was about to ask about LA County

Old 04-11-2010, 04:53 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,764,232 times
Quote:

You are right! Philly is consolidated, it would be called the City and County of Philadelphia.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:57 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
Thanks for confirming what I assumed. Some large cities are within their own county. How many counties make up the Philadelphia metro region?

Old 04-11-2010, 05:12 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,764,232 times
Quote:
Thanks for confirming what I assumed. Some large cities are within their own county. How many counties make up the Philadelphia metro region?
I think there are 9 counties.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:16 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFdeliveryguy View Post

You need specifics if you wish to start a comparison thread. Perhaps you should read up on the room sticky guidelines, found at the top of the room first. Here's the link: //www.city-data.com/forum/city-...e-posting.html

Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City