Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 03:41 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
Pittsburgh is one of those places I would consider living too.

If not MPLS it would be

Seattle
Denver
Portland
Chicago
Pittsburgh

Why? The Steelers, the sweet Topography, PNC Park and the rivers. Pittsburgh just looks cool.
It's economy is also stable, affordable housing, and best of all being only driving distance from the larger east coast cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 10:26 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,152,881 times
For all the talk about how cool it is, the Twin Cities just doesn't do much for me. Maybe because I'm used to the Midwest and to me it's just more of the same. Pittsburgh on the other hand... the first time I rolled into town, I thought to myself, "I could be really comfortable living here." Which was a good thing, because the first time I saw Pittsburgh was to look for apartments since I was moving there 3 weeks later.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:44 PM

59 posts, read 234,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomspoon View Post
Hello there. I was hoping there might be some people here who have lived in both Minneapolis and Pittsburgh and can give me some advice.

Right now I live in Pittsburgh, always have lived in the area. My girlfriend lives in Minneapolis. One of us is going to have to move.

I did visit Minneapolis, but that trip was more about meeting people rather than seeing the area. So I've really only been in the suburbs there, and am in no position to say whether or not I like the city.

Anybody have anything to share?
Minneapolis? No way!!! There are 2 seasons: freezer and sauna. Stay away from this damm city.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:39 AM

1,707 posts, read 2,983,248 times
Pittsburgh!!

Old 04-18-2010, 08:23 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,892,055 times
^^^^^^ Ok - We're really suppose to take you seriously with this statement?????

To me sounds like someone has personal issues and really has a hard time socializing with others....with the way you've displayed your "distaste" for the Burgh...I can see why it was so hard for you there.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:55 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,674,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlusPlus View Post
Minneapolis? No way!!! There are 2 seasons: freezer and sauna. Stay away from this damm city.

Watched the Twinkies downtown Minneapolis today. Sunny and 68. It was glorious. Why don't you leave?

Old 04-19-2010, 11:49 AM

358 posts, read 754,731 times
Tough one since I like both. I just threw a dart and it landed on The Burgh

Old 04-19-2010, 02:19 PM

1,588 posts, read 4,060,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlusPlus View Post
I've read through a lot of your posts and you're complaining in most of them. You seem like a very unpleasant person and at first I was going to suggest you move, but I've come to the conclusion that you wouldn't be happy living elsewhere. Maybe you should try changing your lifestyle. Perhaps losing some weight would benefit you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City