Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 10:09 AM

1,588 posts, read 4,060,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Baltimore's population is STILL above 600,000. It isn't a mid sized city it's still A BIG CITY, and so is Detroit. This thread is about MID-SIZED CITIES with
stable or declining populations. (Exception being Portland) (Mid Sized city exception- Mobile; too small, Portland; too large)

So, let's STOP bringing other cities into this thread and focus on the one's that this thread is about....
The title of your thread is, War of the Mid-Sized cities/metros.

The fact is some of the cities you posted as being mid-sized cities don't even resemble a city as they don't offer the amenities or function like some of the other cities you listed. They can be best described as large suburbs. Others you listed have been "big" cities for several decades. They may have declined in population, but their surroundings have grown at healthy rates and they still function and have the amenities of every other major, big city. Therefore, to compare some of these cities to one another is pointless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 11:51 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
The title of your thread is, War of the Mid-Sized cities/metros.

The fact is some of the cities you posted as being mid-sized cities don't even resemble a city as they don't offer the amenities or function like some of the other cities you listed. They can be best described as large suburbs. Others you listed have been "big" cities for several decades. They may have declined in population, but their surroundings have grown at healthy rates and they still function and have the amenities of every other major, big city. Therefore, to compare some of these cities to one another is pointless.
Okay, I meant war of the mid sized cities and their respective metros. The same midsized cities that I put in the original post.

Whatever man, if you don't like the thread or if you personally have a problem with the way I do things then ignore me, and ignore this thread. Because I'm getting sick and tired of running into you.

Once again, I'm not trying to be rude, but just either stick to the da*n topic or get the off and go to another thread.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:10 PM

1,588 posts, read 4,060,819 times
Quote:
Okay, I meant war of the mid sized cities and their respective metros. The same midsized cities that I put in the original post.

Whatever man, if you don't like the thread or if you personally have a problem with the way I do things then ignore me, and ignore this thread. Because I'm getting sick and tired of running into you.

Once again, I'm not trying to be rude, but just either stick to the da*n topic or get the off and go to another thread.
Look man, I have nothing against you, but I do think some of the threads you choose to start aren't well thought out and the information you use to back your posts is just plain wrong. If you continue to post threads such as this, expect me to question your reasoning. If you continue to post wrong information, expect me to correct it.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:09 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,572,273 times
Quote:
I don't think such a thread exists.

Here is the list of cities that I have for this thread.
Any information is appreciated.

Which of these cities are the best! based on this criteria:

- Quality of Life
- Crime Rate
- Theater/Art Scene
- Skyline
- Weather
- Overall cityscape
- Metropolitan area
- Education
- Cost of Living
- Music scene
- Popular Tourist Attractions
- Beach/Water Fronts
- Major Rivers and impact on the city
- FOOD
- Shopping
- Economy
- Professional Sports
- College Sports
- Natural Scenery

You can talk about any of the above criteria for any of the cities listed below. It's going to be a strong compare and contrast scene, so please bear with me, and keep this a friendly thread.
Pictures are welcomed, and you don't have to talk about all of the criteria from above, but a majority of it would be appreciated.

The Cities:

- St. Louis
- Cincinnati
- Pittsburgh
- Minneapolis
- Tampa
- Oakland
- Portland
- New Orleans
- Mobile
I would also add Orlando, Las Vegas, Boston, Austin, Denver, as well as Kansas City and Miami

Why the hell is Mobile on this list?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City