Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 03:27 PM

324 posts, read 669,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
Thank you for proving my point.
This is the typical person from LA "Dude, let's get some new flip flops and hit the waves then go home and book a plane ticket to Cabo".

http://img10.glitterfy.com/graphics/...in_the_sun.gif

Old 04-21-2010, 03:27 PM

245 posts, read 215,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
People have the right to think differently than you. Chill out.

Of course they do. I have plenty of good friends from Midwest who tried California (every Midwesterner dream) , Florida and New York and after a while conceded that it is does not work for them. Midwest, either you like it or not, is very different from the rest of the country when it comes to mentality and attitude.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:33 PM

245 posts, read 215,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCity View Post
This is the typical person from LA "Dude, let's get some new flip flops and hit the waves then go home and book a plane ticket to Cabo".

http://img10.glitterfy.com/graphics/...in_the_sun.gif

Yup. Living the California dream. Unfortunately Califronia dream already started to tumble down for most.

There is something about climate, if you look at the map of Europe you can easily find out that London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Hamburg and other European economical powerhouses are all located in the north and colder climates. Even in European countries like Italy the north is richer and more developed than the south. Then you have "Western European" traditionally less affluent countries like Spain, Portugal, Greece, all located in warmer climates.
There is something about four seasons and cold that prompts people to work harder.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:33 PM

370 posts, read 372,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laguna88 View Post
LA was considered the future decades ago, but nowadays LA is in serious decline. Crappy economy, serious lack of a wealth producing industry , lack of Fortune 500 companies (who are leaving LA at a fast pace), out of control illegal immigration problems, one of the highest unemployment rates, has been one of the hardest by the recession, the city is nearly bankrupt (the Mayor wants to start shutting down the city on certain days) while New York is wealthier and more powerful than ever. LA will never ever catch up to NYC.

You're living in the times if you think LA is the future of anything.

I can see someone saying Houston/Dallas are part of the future, which I agree with, (with their huge growing population, large economy growth, pro-business landscape, relatively low unemployment even in this climate), but LA? No. The future of Mexico maybe.
Oh, well. I'm not here to change minds.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:39 PM

924 posts, read 1,644,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carverR View Post
Yup. Living the California dream. Unfortunately Califronia dream already started to tumble down for most.

There is something about climate, if you look at the map of Europe you can easily find out that London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Hamburg and other European economical powerhouses are all located in the north and colder climates. Even in European countries like Italy the north is richer and more developed than the south. Then you have "Western European" traditionally less affluent countries like Spain, Portugal, Greece, all located in warmer climates.
There is something about four seasons and cold that prompts people to work harder.
We're too busy enjoying life. New Yorkers are working hard so that they can retire somewhere warm and enjoy life when their 70.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
We're too busy enjoying life. New Yorkers are working hard so that they can retire somewhere warm and enjoy life when their 70.
Yeah, it is called making money. This is a concept people in LA can't do because they have a bad economy and awful jobs.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCity View Post
Yeah, it is called making money. This is a concept people in LA can't do because they have a bad economy and awful jobs.
I don't remember addressing you. My IQ is dropping fast reading your posts, so I wouldn't waste any more time responding to my posts as I'll be scrolling by any more of yours.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I don't remember addressing you. My IQ is dropping fast reading your posts, so I wouldn't waste any more time responding to my posts as I'll be scrolling by any more of yours.
This is an open forum. If you don't want people to discuss your post then my advice would be to stop posting.

Last edited by TheCity; 04-21-2010 at 03:53 PM..

Old 04-21-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The City
This message is hidden because TheCity is on your ignore list.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:47 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
By overall topography, LA-Chi wins.
By being a city itself, NYC is a more powerful city.

LA/Chi-- two of America's biggest gang cities. Any Idea what the violent crime rates that city would end up with?
Well if you fuse those two cities the crime rate won't be higher, but a average between the two.

Yall killing me with, if LA-CHI was one city NYC would be such the more powerful city. because there basically equivalent, Are yall saying this cause of yall egos?

One poster said NYC 1264 Billion, LA-CHI 1238.6 Billion,
Another said NYC: $1,434B LA CHI: $1,392.99B

NYC GPA would be less than 5% larger by no means would NYC dominate a LA-CHI combination, so east coast posters are boasting like crazy.

Would the skyline be larger no but as I said a LA-Chi combination skyline with background Mountains. Then the cultural experience if these two cities were combined, I not just talking about ethnicity but The Windy City meet Southern Cali, I would take LA-CHI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City