Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2010, 05:13 PM

59 posts, read 99,948 times

Advertisements

I'm going with the concrete jungle where dreams are made of.there's nothing you can't do....new york, new york!

Old 04-21-2010, 05:37 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCity View Post
Neither does LA or Chicago..........
Did I say they did??? I'm not the one bragging about NYC being this amazing city where you can do anything. In reality; if LA and Chicago were combined; NYC just couldn't compete. Regardless of what the GDP would be.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:56 PM

27,558 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Did I say they did??? I'm not the one bragging about NYC being this amazing city where you can do anything. In reality; if LA and Chicago were combined; NYC just couldn't compete. Regardless of what the GDP would be.
It's not just about quantity but also quality. I think The Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Times Square, Broadway, Madison Square Garden, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Columbia and New York Universities, Central Park and museums and so many other sites in New York are more well-known and highly regarded overall. Everything in New York is monstrous and very impressive, unlike any other city.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:53 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,101,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It's not just about quantity but also quality. I think The Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Times Square, Broadway, Madison Square Garden, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Columbia and New York Universities, Central Park and museums and so many other sites in New York are more well-known and highly regarded overall. Everything in New York is monstrous and very impressive, unlike any other city.
No it’s quantity and quality ) :Rodeo drive, Melrose Avenue, Hollywood Boulevard, Michigan Avenue, Griffith Observatory, Willis Tower, Staples Center, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Wrigley Field, Venice beach, Grant Park, Buckingham Fountain, Chicago Water Tower, The Watts Towers, The Chicago Theatre, the historic Theatres and studios in Hollywood. The Hollywood Sign, Walt Disney Concert Hall, The Chicago River, Los Angeles and Chicago Universities and museums and so many other sites in LA and Chicago are just as well-known and just as highly regarded. But Los Angeles and Chicago combine would out do New York.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:00 PM

370 posts, read 372,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
LA itself has more prominent, notable universities and colleges than NYC.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:27 PM

324 posts, read 669,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
No, you did not say it. However, it was the tone it was said in. Just another anti New York/Northeast post from you.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:30 PM

324 posts, read 669,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonlyLA View Post
LA itself has more prominent, notable universities and colleges than NYC.
I hope this was a joke, I really do.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:45 PM

245 posts, read 215,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
No it’s quantity and quality ) :Rodeo drive, Melrose Avenue, Hollywood Boulevard, Michigan Avenue, Griffith Observatory, Willis Tower, Staples Center, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Wrigley Field, Venice beach, Grant Park, Buckingham Fountain, Chicago Water Tower, The Watts Towers, The Chicago Theatre, the historic Theatres and studios in Hollywood. The Hollywood Sign, Walt Disney Concert Hall, The Chicago River, Los Angeles and Chicago Universities and museums and so many other sites in LA and Chicago are just as well-known and just as highly regarded. But Los Angeles and Chicago combine would out do New York.

You wish LA and Chicago combined would not be more populous, would not have bigger GDP or be more dense and historical than New York.
There is only one New York and you can throw in Vegas and would still be not as interesting and important as Big Apple with its real urban core and four hundred years of history and prosperity.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:52 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Well if you fuse those two cities the crime rate won't be higher, but a average between the two.

Yall killing me with, if LA-CHI was one city NYC would be such the more powerful city. because there basically equivalent, Are yall saying this cause of yall egos?

One poster said NYC 1264 Billion, LA-CHI 1238.6 Billion,
Another said NYC: $1,434B LA CHI: $1,392.99B

NYC GPA would be less than 5% larger by no means would NYC dominate a LA-CHI combination, so east coast posters are boasting like crazy.

Would the skyline be larger no but as I said a LA-Chi combination skyline with background Mountains. Then the cultural experience if these two cities were combined, I not just talking about ethnicity but The Windy City meet Southern Cali, I would take LA-CHI.
Fusing the two cities together would give you a total murder count of nearly 900 while NYC has a total of around 520 (2008 stats). Keep in mind that NYC still has over 1.6 million people than both Chi/LA

If you really knew what an NYC ego was, you wouldn't see any one give Chi/LA any credit the way I did when I sad LA/Chi had the edge when it came to topography... but hey, you look like you know what your talking about

I don't GAF about GPA
Even if NYC has more or less, it's not by too much.

And even after your rant, my vote still goes to NYC simply because I have a personal preference. It has nothing to do with my ego. Am I SUPPOSED to prefer LA/Chi for the sake of not looking like i'm bias or egotistic? It's obvious when somebody is being egotistic, and for you to quote me OUT OF ALL PEOPLE, is not using good logic.
To be Honest, Chicago and San Francisco would of been a better fusion (That's just me) I never liked LA much at all.

Last edited by BPerone201; 04-21-2010 at 08:01 PM..

Old 04-21-2010, 08:23 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCity View Post
No, you did not say it. However, it was the tone it was said in. Just another anti New York/Northeast post from you.
And just another pro New York post from you.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City