Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The city to replace NYC would be:
Los Angeles 6 42.86%
Chicagwho? 6 42.86%
LA 2 14.29%
City of Angels 3 21.43%
Entertainment Capital of the World 3 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 01:23 PM

370 posts, read 373,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Even though Chicago is smaller than LA I feel its still a far superior city. Way more dynamic in every sense of the word.
LA is bigger, more diverse, and far more important than Chicago ever will be. FACT.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
The entire time you've been on this site, you've spent it talking about how close Los Angeles is getting to New York City...and you've also spent that time trying to trash Chicago...so let me correct myself: You've got a huge inferiority complex with New York City and Chicago.
Pffft! I'm in LA. What part of that don't you understand?

Quote:
Oh, the reality. From a corporate standpoint, Chicago has more power than Los Angeles. I know you're probably 15 years old or something...but there's a thing called the CME in Chicago, and it's very important. Maybe you'll learn about it someday.
And the CME makes Chicago more important than LA? Nope. Come with something better than that.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:33 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,477,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonlyLA View Post
Pffft! I'm in LA. What part of that don't you understand?
I understand you're in LA...care to explain why that matters in the grand scheme of this?

Quote:
And the CME makes Chicago more important than LA? Nope. Come with something better than that.
The CME is the centerpiece of many reasons why Chicago has more corporate importance than Los Angeles. Overall, I think Los Angeles is more important than Chicago.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I understand you're in LA...care to explain why that matters in the grand scheme of this?
Because LA is all I see, and all that needs to be seen, because once I've seen LA, I've seen it all and nothing else needs to be seen, you see?

Quote:
The CME is the centerpiece of many reasons why Chicago has more corporate importance than Los Angeles. Overall, I think Los Angeles is more important than Chicago.
You didn't say that previously. You've continually said that Chicago is more important than LA. Now, you are changing your tune.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:20 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,477,197 times
Quote:
Because LA is all I see, and all that needs to be seen, because once I've seen LA, I've seen it all and nothing else needs to be seen, you see?
Myopia is fantastic in its own right I suppose.

Quote:
You didn't say that previously. You've continually said that Chicago is more important than LA. Now, you are changing your tune.
Did I? Where?

Quote:
Los Angeles is much closer to Chicago than it is to New York. In many respects, Chicago surpasses Los Angeles in importance.
Quote:
Oh, the reality. From a corporate standpoint, Chicago has more power than Los Angeles. I know you're probably 15 years old or something...but there's a thing called the CME in Chicago, and it's very important. Maybe you'll learn about it someday.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Myopia is fantastic in its own right I suppose

But you, of course, have never been to LA, so how can you condemn me as myopic? When you live in cities like LA, NYC, and perhaps Chicago, the entire world is right there. You never have to leave them.

Quote:
Did I? Where?
"In many respects" is vague.

Besides, how can the incredibly diverse industry and commerce in LA be taken for granted just because Chicago has the CME?

Old 04-23-2010, 04:21 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,563,290 times
Quote:
Quote:

When you live in cities like LA, NYC, and perhaps Chicago, the entire world is right there. You never have to leave them.
Wow, I don't care what city you live or how happy you are with it. Doesn't matter if it's NY, LA, Chicago, London, Moscow wherever...if you refuse to open your mind to new places, then you'll never be able to truly appreciate where you live, despite its faults. The world is a huge place, and it's not all in any one city.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Wow, I don't care what city you live or how happy you are with it. Doesn't matter if it's NY, LA, Chicago, London, Moscow wherever...if you refuse to open your mind to new places, then you'll never be able to truly appreciate where you live, despite its faults. The world is a huge place, and it's not all in any one city.
I was embellishing - what I mean is that world class cities like LA, Chicago (?), and NYC have the entire world right there because of their incredible diversity. I question Chicago a bit because it has the reputation of being a very American global city, so it may lack the international, cosmopolitan flavor of NYC and LA.

Diversity is not the entire world, yes - but when you can get world-class snippets from all over the world in your city, that's wonderful (and it also spoils you).

Old 04-23-2010, 04:44 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,075,546 times
Quote:
...in overall importance? Or, will NYC remain the #1 city in the US (and the world) for all time?

This is a serious thread, with a serious inquiry. There may be a very real possibility that the NYC as we know it may not be around 100 or so years from now, diminished in significance, and forgotten like a 94 year old paraplegic hooker. It's at times like these that we need to consider the consequences, and analyze the situation. What city will emerge to take its place?

You must choose wisely. The fate of the world rests in your hands.
LOLOL WTF??! Ah this guy is hilarious.

As much as I like LA more than NYC, NYC is still going to be number one for the next century.

Oh and that's totally a fair poll right there, you know LA being listed about 4 times or so. Lol, I'm sure Chicago is quaking in their shoes right now. You know being ambushed and all by LA on the polls.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:39 PM

10,039 posts, read 15,703,118 times
This is not a topic for the city vs. city forum. Please read the sticky, so you understand the rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City