Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 10:21 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,741,926 times

Advertisements

dude, just don't make such a big claim like that by citing a site that very few people know about.

Top 10 MUST-SEE American Cities for First U.S. Trip

Top 10 MUST-SEE American Cities for First U.S. Trip - General Itineraries - The United States - Epinions.com

World's Best Cities Ranked by Travellers

World's Best Cities Ranked by Travellers (http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/aboutnsw/lifestyle/E4_worldsbestcity_by_travellers.htm - broken link)

PORTLAND, OREGON NAMED TOP UNDERRATED AND CLEANEST U.S. CITY, BUT TRAVELERS THROW DETROIT UNDER THE SUV - With Photos

The world's greatest city? - Time Out Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermolas View Post
Just to show that LA is ahead of NYC for cities most wanted to travel to:

Top 10 Cities To Visit

these were summed up by surveys.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:21 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,974 times
it's rather sad that you have to cosign an article that is not only written by a random person but also has false data
lol
enjoy the many cultural offerings of disneyland and hollywood blvd.. buahahahah

Old 04-25-2010, 10:26 AM

370 posts, read 372,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post
dude, just don't make such a big claim like that by citing a site that very few people know about.

Top 10 MUST-SEE American Cities for First U.S. Trip

Top 10 MUST-SEE American Cities for First U.S. Trip - General Itineraries - The United States - Epinions.com

World's Best Cities Ranked by Travellers

World's Best Cities Ranked by Travellers (http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/aboutnsw/lifestyle/E4_worldsbestcity_by_travellers.htm - broken link)

PORTLAND, OREGON NAMED TOP UNDERRATED AND CLEANEST U.S. CITY, BUT TRAVELERS THROW DETROIT UNDER THE SUV - With Photos

The world's greatest city? - Time Out Travel
Oh, please. I love how the naysayers try and trash every bit of evidence that suggests LA is more popular than NYC. It's laughable, really, that's why they keep going through the pains to try and place NYC on top. It's so comical and pathetic.

LA still owns.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
shut up tool, yeah i go around making comments on places i've never been.

Of course i've been to la man. About 4 times. I have family in california, doucher.
lol!

1,807 posts, read 3,322,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
What about you? Have you ever visited, or better yet, lived in LA? Because as an outsider who lived in LA for 3 years, I can tell you that the "phony, celebrity-obsessed" stereotype has absolutely no relevance in 90% of LA. Do you really think the middle class families in South Pasadena, the Koreans in Koreatown, the restaurant owners in Thai Town, the artists and urban pioneers in the Downtown lofts, the jazz musicians in Leimert Park, or the Chinese families going to Sunday dim sum in Monterey Park really give a damn about what Lindsay Lohan is doing? Or have you even ever heard of half those places or half the slightest clue about what those communities are about?
omg you caught me ive never been there! i dont have family that lives in and around the l.a area, ive never once had family live in sherman oaks, downey, brentwood, s. fernando valley, van nuys and even out to the I.E

and im sure in your 3 years there you've met "90% of L.A"
lol what a joke.. im telling you this because ive been there, i have friends and family there, and because people visiting from other cities like new york, philly, chicago etc say the same thing..
oh wait the papparazi and all these autograph freaks chasing celebrities around are the perfect counter point to my claim.
people are more obsessed with celebrities and gossip than they are about things that matter. like a football team. u know ppl there are fcked up when they lose TWO football teams (most popular sport in the country) but welcome DAVID BECKHAM with open arms

i wonder why.... could it be that they're obsessed with celebs... nah it couldnt... right?

648 posts, read 1,618,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonlyLA View Post
LOL, who said anything about me being a threat? YOU did, apparently, so if that's how you feel, then I'm sorry that you find the magnitude of LA that intimidating. I mean, if I were in your place, living in NYC while the whole entire country continues to shift its focus to Los Angeles and its development, I guess I'd feel a little peeved, too. Unlike you, however, I wouldn't try to fight the inevitable and deny the meteoric rise of LA to the top.
Thank you for that gas pumper.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
it's rather sad that you have to cosign an article that is not only written by a random person but also has false data
lol
enjoy the many cultural offerings of disneyland and hollywood blvd.. buahahahah
LOL! Just let me know when you're done.

3,971 posts, read 9,675,473 times
All I said was LA is hated because most people expect one thing -Glamour, style, hipster, etc...So they get jealous....

Or...They've seen the media's picture of LA and went there and were turned off by what they saw.

I like LA so don't get all defensive.

12,083 posts, read 38,847,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonlyLA View Post
Waaaa Waaaa Waaaa, that's all I hear.

What's wrong? You're mad because you're still trying to bring down the greatness that is and always will be LA, but you know you never will? That's not a very productive attitude, now is it?
LOL! Is that really the best reply you could come up with?

Old 04-25-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
omg you caught me ive never been there! i dont have family that lives in and around the l.a area, ive never once had family live in sherman oaks, downey, brentwood, s. fernando valley, van nuys and even out to the I.E

and im sure in your 3 years there you've met "90% of L.A"
lol what a joke.. im telling you this because ive been there, i have friends and family there, and because people visiting from other cities like new york, philly, chicago etc say the same thing..
oh wait the papparazi and all these autograph freaks chasing celebrities around are the perfect counter point to my claim.
people are more obsessed with celebrities and gossip than they are about things that matter. like a football team. u know ppl there are fcked up when they lose TWO football teams (most popular sport in the country) but welcome DAVID BECKHAM with open arms

i wonder why.... could it be that they're obsessed with celebs... nah it couldnt... right?
Football!!!???? LMAO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City