Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hot Weather or Cold Weather
Hot 159 50.96%
Cold 153 49.04%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 08:57 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,150,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
most people will not pick up on your obvious combination of absurdity and sarcasm but it's funny to think that there might even be just one person who actually believes this nonsense...
If you like going to the beach you will like a Florida summer. It's the only time of the year perfect for the beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 12:16 PM

3,259 posts, read 3,767,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
If you like going to the beach you will like a Florida summer. It's the only time of the year perfect for the beach.
Depends on what part of Florida you are in. Miami and Key West are pretty perfect for the beach for many months of the year... all 12 if you don't get in the water, or don't mind cool water.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:24 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,150,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
Depends on what part of Florida you are in. Miami and Key West are pretty perfect for the beach for many months of the year... all 12 if you don't get in the water, or don't mind cool water.
The winter months are too cool for the beach for me. 70s and lower 80s is a bit nippy to be outside in a bathing suit and swimming. And I live in Miami Beach.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:43 PM

93 posts, read 101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post

Contrast that with cold weather where Minneapolis, Chicago, New York, Boston, Detroit, Denver, etc. all have months where the low temperature averages are WAY below the 40s, and even the average highs can be considerably colder than that. Even most cities in the sun belt like Dallas, Atlanta, Nashville, Charlotte, etc. have average winter lows down around 30 degrees.
Pretty much sums it up right here. At least in the hot weather you have the morning and evening to venture outside. While in the ice cold weather...mornings and nights are the worst part. And the weather doesn't improve much in between!
In the hot weather at early am or late pm you can see other forms of life! In the cold nobody wants to go outside at anytime. And if you do see someone, nobody wants to stop and chat and there's certainly no animals or plants around to liven things up a bit!

Old 04-30-2015, 04:27 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,807,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Minneapolis was in the mid-60's and 70's for the past 2 weeks....what on Earth are you talking about? There was a 3 day period from April 20-22 when the high temps only reached the 40's, but it's rebounded again and it's supposed to hit the 80's this weekend. The average high temp for the month so far is 60 degrees -- most people don't complain about 60 degrees.
It was 70 when I arrived on 4/18 then 4/20-4/22 it barely got out of the 30s.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:30 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,929 times
I like a temperate climate like San Diego myself the best but we can't have everything we want in life.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:45 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,184,408 times
Quote:
The winter months are too cool for the beach for me. 70s and lower 80s is a bit nippy to be outside in a bathing suit and swimming. And I live in Miami Beach.
For ONCE, I agree with you. Even in OH or MN, I don't like to go in the lake or pool unless it's at least in the mid-80's, sometimes warmer.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:47 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,184,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern1141 View Post
Pretty much sums it up right here. At least in the hot weather you have the morning and evening to venture outside. While in the ice cold weather...mornings and nights are the worst part. And the weather doesn't improve much in between!
In the hot weather at early am or late pm you can see other forms of life! In the cold nobody wants to go outside at anytime. And if you do see someone, nobody wants to stop and chat and there's certainly no animals or plants around to liven things up a bit!
I'd agree with you if you weren't wrong. Many people (like me) have no problem being outside in the cold, especially if the sun it out. I actually don't shy away from the extreme heat either, it's just not my favorite between those two extremes. The big reason I hate being hot nowadays is that I sweat profusely, so it's a comfort thing for me.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:56 PM

93 posts, read 101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
I'd agree with you if you weren't wrong. Many people (like me) have no problem being outside in the cold, especially if the sun it out. I actually don't shy away from the extreme heat either, it's just not my favorite between those two extremes. The big reason I hate being hot nowadays is that I sweat profusely, so it's a comfort thing for me.
Wrong according to your opinion...
Maybe I should have specified, I meant the teens to below zero days.
To each your own

Old 04-30-2015, 07:34 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,450,270 times
Quote:
Well I don't swim so that's not a consideration. I just love thunderstorms and high dewpoints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City