Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: After LA, the most cosmopolitan city is:
New York City 48 70.59%
Chicago 8 11.76%
D.C. 7 10.29%
Houston 5 7.35%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 09:36 PM

370 posts, read 372,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarn View Post
No it is not, sorry.
Yes, yes it is. And I'm not sorry.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
Actually, what you said was:

So...what are these areas? Downtown? Beverly Hills? Century City? Nothing I've ever seen in LA remotely resembles anything in NYC, but maybe I just haven't seen the right places.

So enlighten me. What are these places in LA that look just like NYC?

Please do take your time. I'm happy to wait.
Yes, you can find photos of downtown LA online. Compare them with NYC. Then try and find areas of NYC that look like LA (if you can).

Old 04-27-2010, 09:45 PM

3,546 posts, read 8,563,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonlyLA View Post
try and find areas of NYC that look like LA (if you can).
There really seems to be a disconnect here, and I'm not certain why. Again, to clarify, your assertion was

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonlyLA
Many areas of LA look like NYC
It seems that you're having some trouble supporting that claim. This is really surprising. If you continue to deflect this question, people might gain the mistaken impression that you lack evidence to support this. Surely this can't be so.

So I'm happy to give you a bit more time to collect your notes together. Please, enlighten us: what areas of LA look like NYC?

Again, I'll wait.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:47 PM

44 posts, read 51,894 times
I hate Los Angeles.

It's tacky, ugly, uninteresting, uneducated, ghetto and smoggy. What a weird place.

There is no charm in that city whatsoever. Just a giant gritty freeway with small pockets of nice surrounded by the run down Mexican third world. Reminded me of Tijuana.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
There really seems to be a disconnect here, and I'm not certain why. Again, to clarify, your assertion was

It seems that you're having some trouble supporting that claim. This is really surprising. If you continue to deflect this question, people might gain the mistaken impression that you lack evidence to support this. Surely this can't be so.

So I'm happy to give you a bit more time to collect your notes together. Please, enlighten us: what areas of LA look like NYC?

Again, I'll wait.
I already mentioned the downtown core. What part of this are you not comprehending?

Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornrich View Post
I hate Los Angeles.
But it looks just like New York!

Old 04-27-2010, 09:51 PM

515 posts, read 986,747 times
Quote:
Yes, you can find photos of downtown LA online. Compare them with NYC. Then try and find areas of NYC that look like LA (if you can).

Compared.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:52 PM

44 posts, read 51,894 times
Quote:
But it looks just like New York!
LOL, What a joke.

I went around that entire city and saw nothing that resembled bustling city New York City/London/Paris/San Francisco/Chicago/Tokyo street life.

Downtown Los Angeles is just horrendous. Sad excuse for a "downtown".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornrich View Post
I hate Los Angeles.

It's tacky, ugly, uninteresting, uneducated, ghetto and smoggy.

There is no charm in that city whatsoever. Just a giant gritty freeway with small pockets of nice surrounded by the run down Mexican third world. Reminded me of Tijuana.
I hate America.

It's tacky, ignorant, fat, uneducated, hick, and 100 years behind every other developed country.

There is no charm or culture of intelligence in the country whatsoever. Just a giant mass of ignorant fat with small pockets of awesomeness (like LA) surrounded by the stinking, run down redneck fifth world.

Reminds me of Hell.

Quote:
I already mentioned the downtown core. What part of this are you not comprehending?
You think the downtown core of Los Angeles looks like New York?

OK, that's a start. But...I don't know. I'm still not fully convinced that this (http://laonetowing.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Downtown.19600615_std.jpg - broken link) much resembles this. Perhaps there's something here that I'm missing?

So, I am going to yet again punt this one back to you. What aspects of these areas do you find similar? The tall buildings? The paved streets? The trees?

Please, do go on. You've got a good start!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City