Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 08:49 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times

Advertisements

the french laundry is not in San Francisco... it is in Napa...

speaking of... Morimoto is opening a new restaurant in Napa ...and his restaurant Morimoto in NYC should be on this list... oh well.
Speaking of NYC, you left of Momofuku ... at #26.

Haven't been to any of those, I have been to Charlie Trotters (Chicago) though which used to always be on the list, as well as Commander's Palace (New Orleans) when it used to be on the list.
I've been to the Bouchon Bakery though... (keller owns it) and it is pretty damn good... can't really afford the rest.

Last edited by grapico; 04-27-2010 at 08:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 08:57 PM

3,546 posts, read 8,563,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
The French Laundry is a name for an upscale restaurant? Eww.
Yes, and it's amazing.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:34 PM

44 posts, read 51,905 times
WOW New York!

Out of these, I've been to Daniel, Le Bernardin, Per Se, French Laundry....and NYC's Momofuku (which the OP left off the the list at #26).

I used to order desert from Momofoku's Milk Bar online when I was in NYC and other places in America...mmmmmmmm, delicious.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:53 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
Yes, and it's amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by potato head8 View Post
Still a great restaurant though. The overall list is pretty much solid.
Hmm, putting the name aside, I suppose it's worth a try! I mean I am a food fanatic, I can't judge a place off of it's name. But that's still the WEIRDEST name for a restaurant. Makes it seem like it's some laundromat in some French dominated neighborhood of San Francisco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Yeah, you get super long armpit hairs in both the mens and womens shirts.
Ewwwww, that's gross man. Lol "Oh waiter there appears to be a armpit hair in my soup!". Can you imagine that?

Old 04-28-2010, 08:18 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
the french laundry is not in San Francisco... it is in Napa...

speaking of... Morimoto is opening a new restaurant in Napa ...and his restaurant Morimoto in NYC should be on this list... oh well.
Speaking of NYC, you left of Momofuku ... at #26.

Haven't been to any of those, I have been to Charlie Trotters (Chicago) though which used to always be on the list, as well as Commander's Palace (New Orleans) when it used to be on the list.
I've been to the Bouchon Bakery though... (keller owns it) and it is pretty damn good... can't really afford the rest.

And don't forget the original Morimoto in philly

Old 04-28-2010, 09:48 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
The French Laundry is a name for an upscale restaurant? Eww.
The food is heaven on earth-I mean really the best. If your ever in the Napa Valley, its a must.

After his world famous success at The French Laundry, Chef Thomas Keller returned to New York and opened Per Se, which is among the best of the best in NYC, and that is no small fete.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:27 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
The food is heaven on earth-I mean really the best. If your ever in the Napa Valley, its a must.

After his world famous success at The French Laundry, Chef Thomas Keller returned to New York and opened Per Se, which is among the best of the best in NYC, and that is no small fete.
It's definitely something that I'm looking forward to trying out.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:41 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
Quote:
Hmm, putting the name aside, I suppose it's worth a try! I mean I am a food fanatic, I can't judge a place off of it's name. But that's still the WEIRDEST name for a restaurant. Makes it seem like it's some laundromat in some French dominated neighborhood of San Francisco.

Ewwwww, that's gross man. Lol "Oh waiter there appears to be a armpit hair in my soup!". Can you imagine that?
well it did used to be a french laundry cleaner, that is why they named it that....

most girls, well, all girls i met in france shaved their pits..

if you want to see girls who don't shave their pits, look no further than northern california, dont' need to go to france for that.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:49 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
No food is good enough for me to pay $100 a plate.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:41 AM

245 posts, read 215,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
No food is good enough for me to pay $100 a plate.
You haven't been to Peter Luger obviously...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City