Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 03:22 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
rofl @ Dallas and Miami....

Dallas dudes still wear leather shorts and Reeboks.....
Miami dudes for the most part dont even care about clothes, all they care about is how their car looks....
I dont care that the flagship store for Neimans is in Dallas, or that South Beach has allot of high end boutiques (which are more for tourists anyway)...the average resident of those cites cant dress...point blank end of story

lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
This is why I still would argue that military bases have the best dressed men and women. Go to West Point and try to find a few people that are dressed like idiots. Its not going to happen.

After the military academies I wouldn't go for big cities like Atlanta, NY, or Miami I'd go for where the wealthiest people from those cities live like the Hamptons (NY) or Star Island (Miami)

I grew up millitary I never saw in Anything best dressed about milliatry men and women... except that there clothes had to be properly ironed etc.. My step father was in the airforce outside of his uniformed it was al ways sweats and nikes..

Old 05-12-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
What does Trendsetting have to do with this thread? This thread is asking about where people are the best dressed not where are the people into fashion and themselves.

I studied art in Miami, not exactly your average dressed people either. I know fashion quite well and also have friends that went into fashion design. But this thread isn't about fashion design its about being well dressed. Your roommate there is in jeans and a t-shirt and Cosby Show girl is in Skinny Jeans... Something that simply wouldn't fly on a base, and neither outfit is flattering.

And best dressed doesnt mean dressing in a suit and tie. Best dressed comes in all catergorys Kanye West Dresses very well no mater what occasion or event may be going on.. Thats how you know your a fashionable person you can rock and style any look

The Rapper Common is my favorite artist very classy dresser

Old 05-12-2010, 03:45 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:

Miami dudes for the most part dont even care about clothes, all they care about is how their car looks....
I dont care that the flagship store for Neimans is in Dallas, or that South Beach has allot of high end boutiques (which are more for tourists anyway)...the average resident of those cites cant dress...point blank end of story
Go away. I won't even GRANT you a logical response sense you didn't grant me one. You watch too many Ace Hood, and Rick Ross music videos.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:55 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times
Quote:
What does Trendsetting have to do with this thread? This thread is asking about where people are the best dressed not where are the people into fashion and themselves.

I studied art in Miami, not exactly your average dressed people either. I know fashion quite well and also have friends that went into fashion design. But this thread isn't about fashion design its about being well dressed. Your roommate there is in jeans and a t-shirt and Cosby Show girl is in Skinny Jeans... Something that simply wouldn't fly on a base, and neither outfit is flattering.
Well dressed does not mean wearing something every one else wears.If that is the question then why bother with who has the best IF THEY ARE ALL WEARING THE SAME CLOTHES IN EACH CITY?!!If that is the case the question is irrelevant if one place does not have more of a variety.

For your information jeans are worn in many different settings.You can dress them up or down.My room-mate was not modelling in that pic.
If you think Keisha Knight-Pullman looks bad in those jeans then your eyes need fixing.The girl looks good.REAL GOOD.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:57 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
And best dressed doesnt mean dressing in a suit and tie. Best dressed comes in all catergorys Kanye West Dresses very well no mater what occasion or event may be going on.. Thats how you know your a fashionable person you can rock and style any look

The Rapper Common is my favorite artist very classy dresser

Yeh your right.Common always dresses fly.As well as Ne-Yo(Atlanta based),Usher

Old 05-12-2010, 07:55 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,055,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Well dressed does not mean wearing something every one else wears.If that is the question then why bother with who has the best IF THEY ARE ALL WEARING THE SAME CLOTHES IN EACH CITY?!!If that is the case the question is irrelevant if one place does not have more of a variety.

For your information jeans are worn in many different settings.You can dress them up or down.My room-mate was not modelling in that pic.
If you think Keisha Knight-Pullman looks bad in those jeans then your eyes need fixing.The girl looks good.REAL GOOD.
No she doesn't look good at all, and no Jeans are not worn in all situation. You clearly have a thing for ghetto style but no matter how hard you try jeans will never be classy. Go wear a pair of Jeans to Victoria and Albert's or Jean George's Restaurant, see how far you get...

Old 05-12-2010, 08:16 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,180,281 times
Quote:

I thought we were talking about the cities as a whole? It seems like your just mentioning the ghetto areas. As a whole Miami is definitely better dressed than Atlanta and Dallas. Don't even go there about how dudes in the ghetto dress in Atlanta, Waka Flocka Flame.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:25 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,180,281 times
As much as people like to argue over which cities are best, EVERY city has well dressed people and EVERY city has bummy people. The same things happen everywhere..

Old 05-12-2010, 08:27 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I have been to the Naval Academy and the Air Force Academy.I am in the military.I grew up in a military town.Military people are not TRENDSETTERS when it comes to fashion.If you call putting on a polo shirt ,an Oxford and some Dockers ,"fashion or stylish" ,then Im sorry,you do not know what style or fashion is.

Actually usually the best dressed are on college campus.Not to be racist but Black college campuses are a lot different than mainstream ones.Go to Howard University or Morehouse then go to Harvard or UGA
Morehouse Guys:

Former Morehouse and Spelman friends of mine:

My roommate w /Spelman Girl and Cosby Show actress Keisha Knight Pulman:
it's keshia knight pulliam

and i agree with atlanta being a fashionable city, but these aren't the best examples. the people in these photos dress just like most buppies/college students in most major metros (dc, houston, dallas, chicago, etc.)

i'll try to find some pictures of atlanta's fashion scene
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City