Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2010, 11:03 AM

364 posts, read 717,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
1. Premo repped new york

2. 50 Cent,max b,dipset and fabolous all blew in the last decade

3. Dudes did bring back the champion shirts, there fly. Timbs never go out of style. And cats from brooklyn get fresh on an overall basis

And why is it the people that always seem to visit new york(multiple times), the same ones who want to talk out their a..
1. Regardless of what he repped he still bought his southern flava to the mix boards which made Gangstarr IMO....Up north beats leave allot to be desired..

2. 50 Cent first album came out almost 9 years ago, Max B goes hard and I like him, but to call southern rappers garbage and then throw him into the equation like he is a lyrical giant is hilarious. Max B is basically an up north trap rapper. Ditto for Dipset, and with them a huge part of their appeal was their use of southern beats by southern producers and southern sounding beats made by up north producers. This is not something that I thought of, Ive heard this first hand from the mouths of people up that way. Fab is OK, but he isnt any better or worse than TI, Rick Ross or even his homeboy Jeezy.

3. and lol @ Champion hoodies being fly and cats from BK jumping fresh on a regular basis, and Im not just a NY tourist, my pops is from Louis A Pink ENY and that whole side of the family is from up there, when Im up there I dont even do the tourist thing, Im hanging out with my family.....lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 11:05 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Quote:
1. Premo repped new york
He reps both, but he'll claim Houston before NYC considering he was born and raised here. Beyonce reps New York though!

Old 05-15-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Those are gone. Those apartments are bad but there not considered projects.
Remember there used to be projects over by lakewood ft mcpherson train station.. They got torn down and turned into nice apartments kinda like the ones in mechanicsville..

And I for sure wouldnt call the new Mechanicsville apartments nice...they are new yes, and its not as bad as McDaniel Glen used to be back in the day, but that place is already pretty much a hell hole. Thats where the boxer Vernon Forsest was murdered last summer, and drive by the yellow store on McDaniel St at any given time of the day and its the same thing- dudes standing either inside or outside selling dope. Drive down to the other corner store on Fulton St and it looks allot worse. Zone 3 is slowy but surely going backwards to how it used to be......

Old 05-15-2010, 11:29 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,956,241 times
Quote:
1. Premo repped new york

2. 50 Cent,max b,dipset and fabolous all blew in the last decade

3. Dudes did bring back the champion shirts, there fly. Timbs never go out of style. And cats from brooklyn get fresh on an overall basis

And why is it the people that always seem to visit new york(multiple times), the same ones who want to talk out their a..
1. Guru is from Mass. Premo is from Houston

2. 50cent is washed up, MaxB will never see the light of day again, dipset washed up, Fabolous is really the only person really keeping NY alive.

3. Timbs been outta style for a few years now. I only wear timbs to shovel snow (dont wanna mess up my nike boots lol)

Old 05-15-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
1. Guru is from Mass. Premo is from Houston

2. 50cent is washed up, MaxB will never see the light of day again, dipset washed up, Fabolous is really the only person really keeping NY alive.

3. Timbs been outta style for a few years now. I only wear timbs to shovel snow (dont wanna mess up my nike boots lol)

I think the Dips is gettin back together tho. Cam and Jones were just at this basketball tourney here a few weeks and they were saying how they are gonna do something together for the Summerjam concert up that way. I always liked them, matter of fact I got Cam's Boss of all Bosses in rotation right now in the whip

Old 05-15-2010, 12:23 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
1. Regardless of what he repped he still bought his southern flava to the mix boards which made Gangstarr IMO....Up north beats leave allot to be desired..

2. 50 Cent first album came out almost 9 years ago, Max B goes hard and I like him, but to call southern rappers garbage and then throw him into the equation like he is a lyrical giant is hilarious. Max B is basically an up north trap rapper. Ditto for Dipset, and with them a huge part of their appeal was their use of southern beats by southern producers and southern sounding beats made by up north producers. This is not something that I thought of, Ive heard this first hand from the mouths of people up that way. Fab is OK, but he isnt any better or worse than TI, Rick Ross or even his homeboy Jeezy.

3. and lol @ Champion hoodies being fly and cats from BK jumping fresh on a regular basis, and Im not just a NY tourist, my pops is from Louis A Pink ENY and that whole side of the family is from up there, when Im up there I dont even do the tourist thing, Im hanging out with my family.....lol...
1. Premo definently reps brooklyn. Thats why gangstarr was considered a new york group in the first place. There was nothing remotely southern about his beats, pure new york boom bap. And if anything the best besats in hip hop came from new york

2. You said the last 10 years. Get rich or die trying was better than any south album this decade. And 50 came harder than any of the new south artist since 2000. Max b doesnt even sound like other ny rappers let alone southern. Dipsets signature sound was created by the heatmakers, sounds nothing like southern beats

3. New yorkers are perfectly aware that champion is not the most expensive of brands, you have to have a northern swagger to get it. And the pink houses are not the best example for fresh

Old 05-15-2010, 12:34 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
You ever notice that a lot of these southern rappers don't really sound that southern until they rap? If you ever heard Trina or other Florida artists like Plies they don't really have an accent when they talk, when they rap that shyt comes out though.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:36 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
Quote:
HAHAHA

Dre 3 stacks went to my middle school, Willis A Sutton, although he is about 10 years older than me..
Saw dude at Walters like 4 years ago, he is super cool, real down to earth.
Thats whatsup man.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
1. Premo definently reps brooklyn. Thats why gangstarr was considered a new york group in the first place. There was nothing remotely southern about his beats, pure new york boom bap. And if anything the best besats in hip hop came from new york

2. You said the last 10 years. Get rich or die trying was better than any south album this decade. And 50 came harder than any of the new south artist since 2000. Max b doesnt even sound like other ny rappers let alone southern. Dipsets signature sound was created by the heatmakers, sounds nothing like southern beats

3. New yorkers are perfectly aware that champion is not the most expensive of brands, you have to have a northern swagger to get it. And the pink houses are not the best example for fresh

1. Premp is from Houston and his ability on the boards was a direct cause of him being from the south. Ive heard it from his mouth in multiple interviews.

2. Lil Wayne-Carter 2>>>>>>>>>>GRODT
TI-Trap Musick>>>>>>>>>>GRODT
Scarface-The Fix>>>>>>>>>>>GRODT

GRODT was just yet another album from a punchline NY rapper, good album overall, but nothing special about it.

3. rofl....Bruh your hilarious....there is nothing fresh about a basic generic hoodie.....lol @ up north swagger.....

Get over yourself playboy!!!!!!!....lol

Old 05-17-2010, 12:04 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
Quote:
I guess thats up to interpretation. A good freind of mine was killed and his brother paralyzed in Azalea Manor on Washington Rd like 3 years ago. The apartments on Washington Rd account for most of the shootings in East Point, and while that area for sure is no Simpson Rd, I would still say its pretty bad.
um you obviously have never been to brooklyn stop lying to yourself , timbaland boots are still wore by people , but they rock it with the ny swag, the fiited jeans shirts, leather coats , desighner wear clothes.

yall got gucci mane still rockin true religions as if they came out in style yesterday. FAIL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City