Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 07:22 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times

Advertisements

I'm from the NY/NJ area and I spend time in Florida as well, I can tell you that people in Florida basically dress the same way people in New York dress in the summer time. The hispanic kids in Florida look like they could be from the BX. Most of em probably originally are anyway lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 07:39 PM

492 posts, read 1,026,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR85 View Post
NO NO NO. You don't know what you're talking about.

They may know the styles from looking at fashion magazines, but I never see anyone dressed fashion-forward like I always see in NYC.

People are more into style and fashion in NYC. It is the fashion capital for a reason.
I dont know what im talking about, but you do right?

Im not going to debate this with you since I see you are being close minded and on your NY trip,..........

But you are piggy backing the fashion industry/scene in NY and using it as a representation for the everyday regular joe in NY like yourself. Your average NYer (All boroughs included) is not a fashionista.

Whats the difference between you copying someones style you saw walking down the street, and someone looking at a magazine. You are not setting trends or being "fashion forward". You are following trends that are set by others just like the people who you claim look at fashion magazines.

This isnt the nineties... everyone isnt as far behind as you would like to think, which is the point I was trying to make in the beginning. All types of name brands, clothes, shoes, & accessories are accessible to anyone with a computer if their isnt a store in their city that carries them.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:56 PM

910 posts, read 1,083,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
I'm from the NY/NJ area and I spend time in Florida as well, I can tell you that people in Florida basically dress the same way people in New York dress in the summer time. The hispanic kids in Florida look like they could be from the BX. Most of em probably originally are anyway lol.

Yeah that's true, it only applies to the hispanics though, cuz like you said, they prolly have origins from up north. && if they don't, then they're just hoppin' on whatever the rican kid from the BX wearin'.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKing54 View Post
Yeah that's true, it only applies to the hispanics though, cuz like you said, they prolly have origins from up north. && if they don't, then they're just hoppin' on whatever the rican kid from the BX wearin'.
It applies to white people as well because a lot of them are originally from the northeast as well. Also, people that are native to Florida have some style as well especially South Floridians. You don't have to be from New York to have style, yeah there are some people that can't dress but I've seen a fair share of stylish people in FL. I'd say every city has people that can dress and can't dress of every race and nationality.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:22 PM

492 posts, read 1,026,903 times
Quote:
It applies to white people as well because a lot of them are originally from the northeast as well. Also, people that are native to Florida have some style as well especially South Floridians. You don't have to be from New York to have style, yeah there are some people that can't dress but I've seen a fair share of stylish people in FL. I'd say every city has people that can dress and can't dress of every race and nationality.
Basicly.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:25 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,674,523 times
::: insert the cliche big city here :::

Old 05-17-2010, 08:37 PM

910 posts, read 1,083,061 times
Quote:

In the summer isn't everybody in S.FL half dressed anyway? Especially the females.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
In the summer isn't everybody in S.FL half dressed anyway? Especially the females.
I mean if your on the beach or whatever your going to see a lot of people in bathing suits. Once you get off the beach everybody is dressed just like you would see them in New York in the summer.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:11 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
SOME of the Hispanics in Orlando have origins up north, but not the Hispanics in Miami. Not at all. Hispanics in South Florida are either straight off the island or born in Florida.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:13 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Pretty much, most of em. Most of the ladies wear stylish skampy clothes. I can't say I'm mad at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City