Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 10:48 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,169,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
1. Premp is from Houston and his ability on the boards was a direct cause of him being from the south. Ive heard it from his mouth in multiple interviews.

2. Lil Wayne-Carter 2>>>>>>>>>>GRODT
TI-Trap Musick>>>>>>>>>>GRODT
Scarface-The Fix>>>>>>>>>>>GRODT

GRODT was just yet another album from a punchline NY rapper, good album overall, but nothing special about it.

3. rofl....Bruh your hilarious....there is nothing fresh about a basic generic hoodie.....lol @ up north swagger.....

Get over yourself playboy!!!!!!!....lol
Whooah, your rap music opinion is suspect if you think the Carter 2 and Trap Musick are better get rich or die tryin lol and btw 50 is not a puchline rapper lol. I never heard the fix front to back so I can't comment on that one. Bottom line grodt is a classic, but c2 and trap musik are good albums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 11:21 PM

492 posts, read 1,021,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonmartinmargiela View Post
Versace sunglasses died with Notorious B.I.G. and Gianni in the 90s. Please get with the times.

Furthermore, no, you cannot buy all the New York/Milan/London/Paris exclusives online, sorry. You've clearly never set foot into Barneys at 660 Madison Avenue if you think you can find the entire store online. It doesn't work like that, poor thing.

And high-end designers do not stock their collections online, maybe a few pieces but in the name of exclusitivity, you have to actually go into their stores in a New York or a Milan to purchase what you see on the runway.

Speaking of your fondness of Versace, you can not purchase Versace online because Versace.com does not have an e-store. In New York, you see it hanging before you on the racks or you sit with a shopper and flip through the lookbooks and order it while they offer you champagne.

New York dwellers are clearly the most fashionable group of people in the United States. Let's not forget that the fabulously broke aspirational crowd/wannabees in New York City also have access to high end clothing via NY-only sample and trunk sales. Sometimes up to 80% off

In the states, designers do it in New York and New York only. After all, it is the fashion capital.

Yeah and your average NYer isnt really walking around with any of that on, let alone can afford it.... LOL. Poor thing? thats cute.......And if they do have it on, I guarantee you it wasnt from Barney's or wherever. More than likely it is a deal or a knock off from 125th st or Jamaica Ave or something like that. I have family in NY (Harlem & Bronx) so im speaking from my experience.

Im talking about your average normal citizen/person in any city when comparing best dressed. And Im moreso focusing on the youth, 25 and under, when I say its about the same.

Yes NY is fashionable, It is one of the 'fashion capitals'. You can point out the extremes that NY has to offer but that is not what the average person will be walking around in or buying. What you point out is mainly for the wealthy.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:27 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,806,589 times
Get Rich Or Die Trying was a CLASSIC album. Then, Beg For Mercy(with the whole G-UNIT minus Yayo) was another classic album. But anything 50 did solo AFTER Get Rich Or Die Trying was garbage, The Massacre was trash, Piggybank was the only good song, Curtis was garbage, and Before I self Destruct was garbage. 50 fell off, but he's making MORE money.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:27 PM

10,071 posts, read 9,844,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
Yeah and your average NYer isnt really walking around with any of that on, let alone can afford it.... LOL. Poor thing? thats cute.......And if they do have it on, I guarantee you it wasnt from Barney's or wherever. More than likely it is a deal or a knock off from 125th st or Jamaica Ave or something like that. I have family in NY (Harlem & Bronx) so im speaking from my experience.

Im talking about your average normal citizen/person in any city when comparing best dressed. And Im moreso focusing on the youth, 25 and under, when I say its about the same.

Yes NY is fashionable, It is one of the 'fashion capitals'. You can point out the extremes that NY has to offer but that is not what the average person will be walking around in or buying. What you point out is mainly for the wealthy.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:11 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,803,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonmartinmargiela View Post
Versace sunglasses died with Notorious B.I.G. and Gianni in the 90s. Please get with the times.
versace glasses are still in fashion. or i guess they just continue to make them for all the invisible people

Quote:
Furthermore, no, you cannot buy all the New York/Milan/London/Paris exclusives online, sorry. You've clearly never set foot into Barneys at 660 Madison Avenue if you think you can find the entire store online. It doesn't work like that, poor thing.
you can't read, because i never said, never even hinted that any of this was true...next...

Quote:
And high-end designers do not stock their collections online, maybe a few pieces but in the name of exclusitivity, you have to actually go into their stores in a New York or a Milan to purchase what you see on the runway.
something else i never said. you are on a roll!

Quote:
Speaking of your fondness of Versace, you can not purchase Versace online because Versace.com does not have an e-store. In New York, you see it hanging before you on the racks or you sit with a shopper and flip through the lookbooks and order it while they offer you champagne.
and yet another point you're arguing with NOBODY

Quote:
New York dwellers are clearly the most fashionable group of people in the United States. Let's not forget that the fabulously broke aspirational crowd/wannabees in New York City also have access to high end clothing via NY-only sample and trunk sales. Sometimes up to 80% off

In the states, designers do it in New York and New York only. After all, it is the fashion capital.
i'm amazed at how you got all of that out of me saying that designer jeans are sold in orlando (which they are).....lmao @ you trying to correct somebody

Old 05-18-2010, 05:04 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,373,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
Whooah, your rap music opinion is suspect if you think the Carter 2 and Trap Musick are better get rich or die tryin lol and btw 50 is not a puchline rapper lol. I never heard the fix front to back so I can't comment on that one. Bottom line grodt is a classic, but c2 and trap musik are good albums

I'd have to agree with the post you were replying to. 50 is trash. He just has a gimmick (beefing to sell records) hence why he hasn't sold many in a while smh. Trap Musik is one of TI best and better than a lot of albums regardless where the rapper comes from. And you can pretty much look at Wayne record sells.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:14 AM

Well I see everyone still going on about this NY vs everyone else. Here is my take on it:

I think that people in different regions dress different because of many factors like weather, influences from foreign people as well as people from other regions in the US and regional culture. I think it all depends on the individual(s). Two things can be said, NYers are always going to think they are superior when it comes to fashion and everybody else will always try to show they dress just as well (or better). But like I said it depends on what the individual think is "hot". For instance my post on who I perfer in each region. I said I like the midwest more than anything mainly because we (mostly Detroit and Chicago) will dress laid back but slighty flashy too. But most people are always going to be bias about their region/city. I personally don't feel like NYers dress all that great. I actually like DC style more (why I voted for DC in my original post). But a lot of NYers think they are much better dressers than anybody else. But honestly all of the NYers on here saying ALL NY ppl dress good has to be an overstatement. I mean I've never been to NY but I've known NY ppl here in Detroit and when I was in FL and I've met some who can't dress and some who wear baggy jeans and white Ts (to whoever swore up and down they don't). But in the end its all about what a person thinks is hot.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:23 AM

oh and another thing Most ppl can point out something that ppl have BEEN wearing in their city that other places are just catching on to. Not just NY ppl

Old 05-18-2010, 09:24 AM

10,071 posts, read 9,844,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
um you obviously have never been to brooklyn stop lying to yourself , timbaland boots are still wore by people , but they rock it with the ny swag, the fiited jeans shirts, leather coats , desighner wear clothes.

yall got gucci mane still rockin true religions as if they came out in style yesterday. FAIL
we stop rockin timbs like 05, i see alot of people rockin those ugly @ss polo boots, nike boots sh*t like that.

that whole white-tee down the knees situations is dead ( im glad).

the only time where a tee is when its 90+ degress outside, even then, its a lil fitted v-neck. Other than that, I aint F'n wit it.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:17 PM

165 posts, read 137,542 times
Northeast: New York Of course there is no denying this.

South goes: Atlanta, Dallas, and Maimi

West: Los Angeles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City