Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 07:35 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS313 View Post
I never listened to Danny Brown like that but he does have some bars. I hate the way he looks however.

Exactly, especially in major cities. The US government instead of spending money worrying about other countries, should have made the Detroit branch of the FBI implement HD cameras and gunshot detectors on every square mile of Detroit proper and have them connected to the FBI, police stations, and police cruisers. In fact, every place considered a major city in the US should have it since they are the places that pumps out GDP for the country and the world.
Yeah....I hate how he looks and talks.....but he kicks some real lyrics.....at least back in the day he did. Now most of his stuff is debased and sexual and he looks even weirder. He rapping for a different audience now.

In regards to crime and violence.....it has to be understood that the prison industrial complex is a major industry in this nation, just as healthcare is a major industry. I dare say hundreds of thousands of people are employed either directly or indirectly from crime....and there are also prison industries where prison inmates make things getting essentially the wage of third world workers. Hence, if you reduce crime.....you reduce employment. If you reduce sickness.....you reduce employment. If you reduce debt....you reduce employment. See the pattern here? Our economy is dependent on our problems.....so there is a vested interest in not fixing those problems. Capitalism turns problems into industries where people can then profit from the problems of others....creating industries that are not looking to SOLVE problems, but rather to profit from TREATING the symptoms.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 06-05-2015 at 08:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 11:08 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,887,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yeah....I hate how he looks and talks.....but he kicks some real lyrics.....at least back in the day he did. Now most of his stuff is debased and sexual and he looks even weirder. He rapping for a different audience now.

In regards to crime and violence.....it has to be understood that the prison industrial complex is a major industry in this nation, just as healthcare is a major industry. I dare say hundreds of thousands of people are employed either directly or indirectly from crime....and there are also prison industries where prison inmates make things getting essentially the wage of third world workers. Hence, if you reduce crime.....you reduce employment. If you reduce sickness.....you reduce employment. If you reduce debt....you reduce employment. See the pattern here? Our economy is dependent on our problems.....so there is a vested interest in not fixing those problems. Capitalism turns problems into industries where people can then profit from the problems of others....creating industries that are not looking to SOLVE problems, but rather to profit from TREATING the symptoms.
I wish I could rep you for that post. It is beyond accurate, silly me, I got caught up thinking the government actually wanted to stop crime, ha. Lawyers, Judges, Prosecutes, P.O's, Cops, Guards, Security services, alarm services, gun companies, ect would be devastated. No wonder crime is a huge part of pop culture. And then to make it worse, they make it so they people with records can't find good jobs and have to turn to crime again lol freaking sick but genius when you think about it.

Old 06-06-2015, 04:45 AM

93,329 posts, read 123,972,828 times
These last two posts are sad and unfortunately so true. To top it off, just go read the 13th Amendment. You'll see what I am referring to.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:52 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,192,034 times
"Thou shalt not question thigh government"???

Old 06-06-2015, 08:45 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
These last two posts are sad and unfortunately so true. To top it off, just go read the 13th Amendment. You'll see what I am referring to.
Bingo. The prison industrial complex is the new slavery. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=89051115

Old 06-07-2015, 04:39 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,454,330 times
I never said that Detroit artists were faking it. One of the reasons Detroit artists aren't more successful in the music industry is because they're actually living the life they're talking about. Same with Chicago and Cleveland artists. The other reason they're not more successful is the politics of the industry; generally you have to leave the Midwest and reinvent yourself in Atlanta, Florida, California or New York. A lot of those artists are reinventing themselves as Christian Hip-Hop artists, but you have to move to Texas and get put on out there. People don't have any respect for New York hip-hop these days but those artists are actually living the life, so I would not be so quick to assume that they don't have any money and they're all working at McDonalds.

What I'm saying is that the way of life, if NWO has its way, is going to become a thing of the past. I'm sure they'll find something else to do. But with the militarization of everything getting knocked over the head will be a distant memory.

Old 06-07-2015, 04:44 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,454,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS313 View Post
The US government instead of spending money worrying about other countries, should have made the Detroit branch of the FBI implement HD cameras and gunshot detectors on every square mile of Detroit proper and have them connected to the FBI, police stations, and police cruisers. In fact, every place considered a major city in the US should have it since they are the places that pumps out GDP for the country and the world.
Its coming to a city near you. Ask Baltimore if you don't believe me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City