Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa
Orlando 45 80.36%
Jacksonville 4 7.14%
Tampa 7 12.50%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 08:42 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,456,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Miami should have been included in the poll.
Why? It would get every vote. What's the point of doing that? It would be like saying: What color am I writing in? Orange or Green?

It seems like including Orlando is having the same effect. Perhaps this shoud have just been Tampa and Jacksonville. Though I don't see Jacksonville getting many votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 09:35 AM

220 posts, read 704,002 times
Orlando

Old 05-14-2010, 10:24 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,058,038 times
Seriously people need to stop giving Jacksonville credit of any sort. Its nothing special, not terrible in terms of crime or anything but its just another small city. Part of my wants to vote for Jacksonville only because of its notoriety around these forums - you all seem to believe its some big city when its not. But on the national scale the most notorious by far is Orlando. And I don't mean in terms of recognition but real notoriety. People give Orlando so much **** like its just tourist traps and a failing economy when its not. I remember I met a friend that regularly went to a time share near Disney with his family every year. One year I happened to be in Orlando at the same time so I went to pick him up and show him the real Orlando and his exact words were, "Wow I can't believe Orlando has so much in it, its like a mini New York. I really thought it was all like it is by the resort [the resort is off 192]."

Old 05-14-2010, 12:50 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,691,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Seriously people need to stop giving Jacksonville credit of any sort. Its nothing special, not terrible in terms of crime or anything but its just another small city. Part of my wants to vote for Jacksonville only because of its notoriety around these forums - you all seem to believe its some big city when its not. But on the national scale the most notorious by far is Orlando. And I don't mean in terms of recognition but real notoriety. People give Orlando so much **** like its just tourist traps and a failing economy when its not. I remember I met a friend that regularly went to a time share near Disney with his family every year. One year I happened to be in Orlando at the same time so I went to pick him up and show him the real Orlando and his exact words were, "Wow I can't believe Orlando has so much in it, its like a mini New York. I really thought it was all like it is by the resort [the resort is off 192]."
I feel your pain. Its annoying. Most people never step foot into the real Orlando while they're here for vacation. They stay in the attractions bubble the whole time. Its a lot more than a tourist town, idk about it being a mini NY, maybe because half the people who live there are from the Northeast and it does have great amenities for a city its size, but thats a different topic. All in all I think a lot of people don't give any FL cities the credit they deserve, maybe besides Jacksonville. Many People think its a big city because the city population is so high, but in reality its only that high because the city limits cover the whole county. Tampa Miami and Orlando's city limits are fractions of the size of Jacksonville. Jacksonville has the smallest metro population of the 4 cities.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:07 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Miami should have been included in the poll.
Miami would've crushed this poll.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:20 PM

7,724 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Killando naturally of course. And I don't take pride in that either.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:05 PM

220 posts, read 704,002 times
lol who voted for tampa

Old 05-14-2010, 05:04 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnative1990 View Post
lol who voted for tampa
I was just wondering the same thing... LOL. They're alone on this one.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:15 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
Just Disney - thats it - outside of Disney for the city itself I would say Tampa

Jacksonville is a distant third unless playing sawgrass

Old 05-15-2010, 02:57 AM

404 posts, read 595,620 times
JAX just to be different, and it seems like more of a popular destination than say Tampa which is in a bad economy. Orlando is just the theme park town of Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City