Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2010, 02:59 PM

529 posts, read 1,008,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Do you think that includes all the vacant structures? That's vacancy rates for structures ready for occupancy and even though KC has many more units, they have a lower vacancy rate. It's typically well above 90% in downtown kcmo.
Link to your claim that KC has many more units?

Hahaha, you won't be able to because, like half of your posts, it's BS.

Where Vacancy Rates Are Rising - Forbes.com

Quote:

The Kansas City metro area tops our list of America's Abandoned Cities. In Kansas City, rental vacancy rates rose from 11.9% to 15% over the past year; homeowner vacancy rates nearly doubled, up from 2.1% to 3.8%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrizzle View Post
It is kinda funny when you think about it... cuz when I think of STL i think.. what skyline? I see half a McDonalds logo, and a few buildings that have hardly anything distinguishable about them... kind of a waste to even make fun of a skyline that barely exist...
Look in the mirror...because there is NOTHING distinguishable about the lowly KC skyline.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:05 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,876,006 times
speaking of P&L District.

Does StL have something like this? Oh, I forgot, you can play softball and ride the trains!

The Jones rooftop pool opens in downtown Kansas City - Kansas City News - Plog

Last edited by kcmo; 05-19-2010 at 03:16 PM..

Old 05-19-2010, 03:06 PM

How's that mass transit system working in KC?...ooops, forgot. You guys are too small to have one, hahahahahaha.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:08 PM

Now you are double posting pictures about some sausage party on top of a roof. Whoa, KC is happpening.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:08 PM

886 posts, read 2,225,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdm_ad View Post
How's that mass transit system working in KC?...ooops, forgot. You guys are too small to have one, hahahahahaha.
it would be easier to get mass transit if we were "too small".. i kinda wish that was the case

our problem is we are too big... which is leading to arguments on how to implement it with our sprawling burbs =/

Old 05-19-2010, 03:19 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,871,471 times
^
yawn, check out Schnucks culinaria next time you are in town to see an urban grocer packed to it's core every day. Sorry, but you cant argue the Royals have anything on the Cardinals. I'm not really sure what you mean about obviously being able to tell Downtown KC has more residents. I was downtown KC last October and it was a ghost town.
I say Bravo KC on getting your downtown back in shape, just as STL and cities around the country are doing. Arguing over a few thousand residents means nothing, especially when we have Soulard, Lafayette Square, Old North and Midtown, all thriving areas surrounding downtown STL. The Grove has gone from being a desolate ghetto, to a thriving restaurant and gay district. This is also just southwest of downtown.
I read downtown is something like 90% capacity, with several projects in the works. Downtown will continue to grow, as I hope KC does.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:21 PM

I would argue that you are too spread out, not too big.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:24 PM

and KCMO, posting pictures of the Disney development that is Power and Light will get you nowhere. I honestly hope that our version of Ballpark Village does not get built. I prefer to have independent, unique restaurants and shops. Also, please quit posting the same pics over and over, we get it.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrizzle View Post
It is kinda funny when you think about it... cuz when I think of STL i think.. what skyline? I see half a McDonalds logo, and a few buildings that have hardly anything distinguishable about them... kind of a waste to even make fun of a skyline that barely exist...
I hope you are joking, right? Put a pic of KC's skyline and a pic of STL's skyline, and play "name that skyline". 10 out of 10 will pic out STL, I will guess 0 will know KC's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City