Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 10:04 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,729,639 times

Advertisements

talking about how great nyc is =/= putting down another city. it is what it is.

a lot of ppl have inferiority complexes when it comes to where they live. its not like we are forced to live in certain areas. if one can afford to, one can travel, visit and/or live anywhere in this country. if a person wants to see what all of the fuss is about then they are welcome to.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:10 AM

2,023 posts, read 4,185,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
LA has a better Film Industry
San Deigo has more tolerable weather (most would argue by saying they prefer 4 seasons though)
Seattle has better natural scenery
Houston has a better port
Chicago has a taller skyline (even though it's skyline mass is smaller)
San Francisco has a larger Chinatown
Columbus has the largest university
Detroit has an easier access to Canada

The list goes on... the city isn't perfect, but it's got a whole lot going for it. NYC is on top of the American cities, but doesn't have everything.
Actually, I believe UT or Arizona State is the largest.

Anyway, to answer the question, hells yeah I'm proud of New York! It's a really great "premiere" city for our country. But, like many other people have said, there are TONS of great cities in our country that to be proud of.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:12 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
There are plenty of things u can name that other cities may be better than NYC.. Florida has better beaches than NYC.. Anyone care to add more to the list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
Every NYer that i know has done that
They need to realize that people have there own personal taste.. Everyone does not like NYC.. I have been to NYC several times after going 3 or 4 times, it becomes just like any other place... That's just my opinion...

Old 05-17-2010, 10:16 AM

364 posts, read 717,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
talking about how great nyc is =/= putting down another city. it is what it is.

a lot of ppl have inferiority complexes when it comes to where they live. its not like we are forced to live in certain areas. if one can afford to, one can travel, visit and/or live anywhere in this country. if a person wants to see what all of the fuss is about then they are welcome to.

Bruh you are hilarious..as a son of a NY'er I will say that you all think that if someone doesnt "bow down and kiss the ring" so to speak that they are hating on NY. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Is it to much to fathom that maybe, just maybe, those of us who do not live in NY love our smaller cities in which we reside just as much as you love yours???

Old 05-17-2010, 10:18 AM

27,555 posts, read 28,636,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
I have been to NYC several times after going 3 or 4 times, it becomes just like any other place... That's just my opinion...
Well, I gotta disagree with that. The sheer intensity and magnitude of NYC that has no equal in any other U.S. city. The wow factor is just beyond compare.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:18 AM
eek

a few more old pics from nyc:

subway station entrance:

enjoy.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:19 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,356,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
a lot of ppl have inferiority complexes when it comes to where they live.
Not really. There are far more people that have superiority complexes when it comes to where they live, particularly on C-D.

All of this chest-thumping over a city is beyond ridiculous. To me, it indicates a real lack of self worth in the individuals that do so the loudest.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:22 AM
eek

^you're entitled to your opinion. i see it all the time on various forums, and have heard it in person when i used to go to school in the south. ppl take shots at nyc all the time. its ok, tho, we really don't care. going back and forth with ppl is just something to kill time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
Bruh you are hilarious..as a son of a NY'er I will say that you all think that if someone doesnt "bow down and kiss the ring" so to speak that they are hating on NY. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Is it to much to fathom that maybe, just maybe, those of us who do not live in NY love our smaller cities in which we reside just as much as you love yours???
see, thats fine. you can love your own city. facts are facts, tho.

nyc IS great and IS better than many, many cities for many reasons, all of which can be proven. this isn't subjective.

its ok if ppl on or off cd don't acknowledge it. the world already has.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:30 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Well, I gotta disagree with that. The sheer intensity and magnitude of NYC that has no equal in any other U.S. city.
Well I felt like alot of the things in NYC I can do elsewhere. Right now NYC has become Just another city in the USA To me..

Old 05-17-2010, 10:47 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,034,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonmartinmargiela View Post
Chicago is a nasty ghetto fugly city.

This isn't about Chicago, why is that city continually brought up in New York City threads?

Do people compare Bentleys to Toyotas?
LA was brought up as well, but I see that you're enjoying the regular day bash game.

I suppose you're one of the closed minded people that do not understand a cities significance. Then again, can't expect more out of you Dementor. Let's see how long your new alias lasts this time.

Try to beat your last record, CarverR nearly lasted a whole month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City