Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 12:42 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Anybody describing new yorkers as elitist is full of it. New yorkers are some of the most down to earth people you could meet. Most ppl who step foot in the city realize quickly that the myth of the arrogant new yorkers is false

I think alot of you who say you've "lived" or visited in new york, Really was in jersey or connecticut or something
I'm going to have to agree with this. The best conversations and real people I have ever met was New Yorkers. Nothing elitist or arrogant about any of them.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:44 PM

27,558 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Anybody describing new yorkers as elitist is full of it. New yorkers are some of the most down to earth people you could meet. Most ppl who step foot in the city realize quickly that the myth of the arrogant new yorkers is false

I think alot of you who say you've "lived" or visited in new york, Really was in jersey or connecticut or something
I have a feeling you're right. NYC is expensive to visit. And a lot of people probably refrain from exploring the city and seeing its major attractions for that reason.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR85 View Post
Um, Lebron has stated that NYC is his favorite city in the world and he would like to live there.
I think he heads to Jersey only if they get John Wall.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:45 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
So I can say this, there is nothing to be proud of VA, because VA does not have anything to be proud of, VA do not even have a team of their own.
This post pretty much sums up why more than a few people dislike New Yorkers and their attitudes. Every crossroads in this country has something to be proud of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Your perspective is completely screwed up...
Now there's a team to have for your own! LOL Aint' nobody messin' with Norfolk.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:45 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,310,892 times
Quote:

thats true

Old 05-17-2010, 12:48 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times
Quote:

You didn't really just say that NYers are some of the most down to earth people, did you?

Old 05-17-2010, 12:52 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
thats true
Down to earth-
a. Not pretentious or affected; straightforward.
b. Not overly ornate; simple in style.

If you really think this describes Nyers then I must have only thought I lived there for 25 years and was actually living somewhere else.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:52 PM

364 posts, read 717,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I think he heads to Jersey only if they get John Wall.

John Wall = 2010 version of OJ Mayo
Good player, but any team who thinks he is gonna come in and be an instant difference maker is wasting a pick IMO

Old 05-17-2010, 12:59 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,310,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Down to earth-
a. Not pretentious or affected; straightforward.
b. Not overly ornate; simple in style.

If you really think this describes Nyers then I must have only thought I lived there for 25 years and was actually living somewhere else.
i dunno alot of nyers i met were cool, maybe not "down to earth" but cool.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:08 PM

^^I agree mas. Every New Yorker I have met was cool. Never had any ounce of a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
John Wall = 2010 version of OJ Mayo
Good player, but any team who thinks he is gonna come in and be an instant difference maker is wasting a pick IMO
Yeah but the NBA drafts off potential and John Wall exudes potential which is why he will be one of the top picks in the draft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City