Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 02:06 PM

492 posts, read 1,027,619 times

Advertisements

Am I proud of NY?..................... LOL!!!!!!!! Are you serious? Whats wrong with yall NY people man? Seriously? Sometimes C-D is like the twilight zone.......

anyway..............

NY is a nice city. Its one of my favorites. I love to visit in the summer. But that is all.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:08 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
so basically, in your opinion, one can't dress nice and be down to earth? confused
Trying to always have the latest fashion before anyone else, always thinking you are above everyone else whether it be fashion or anything else, nope that is not down to earth.

I would say you are quite confused.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:09 PM

13 posts, read 9,499 times
Only someone with a personal inferiority complex would think that others are envious of those who live in NYC

That being said, I am proud of NYC, but no more proud than I am of any other city

Old 05-17-2010, 02:11 PM

492 posts, read 1,027,619 times
Quote:
lol @ playing victim. you just visit, i live here.

there aren't too many visitors that try to get a "real" taste of ny. they walk around 42nd st, 5th ave, maybe visit a museum and then go back to the hotel.

thats not nyc.

then they post on here and feel qualified to speak about nyc, ignoring the history, culture, etc. etc.
Yea this is can be true, but it goes both ways also. Many NYers feel qualified to speak on other cities when they have no idea.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:14 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,092,238 times
Quote:
so basically, in your opinion, one can't dress nice and be down to earth?
Ya thats what he said. Still shaking my head from it.

And living two hours means nothing. I live three hours from boston and never been there in my life.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:18 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Trying to always have the latest fashion before anyone else,
but we don't have to try. we just do.

ny, london, tokyo, los angeles, etc. we all bounce ideas off of each other. the rest of the world plays catch up. its a trickle "around" effect. there's no real effort in it, it just sort of happens. in a city full of millions of ppl, things like this, popular slang, etc. will get created and emulated.

Quote:
always thinking you are above everyone else whether it be fashion or anything else, nope that is not down to earth.

I would say you are quite confused.
there's a difference between being down to earth and lying/being stupid.

we know what it is. we are aware that ny is a fashion capital. we know why. we understand that we have always been fashionable and that its a part of our culture and that it has been for a long time...so we are not going to lie about it or pretend to be stupid about the subject.

at the same time, don't get it confused.

this is still the same city that is full of immigrants from humble beginnings, the same city where ppl have lived 4-8 in a one bedroom apartment, the same city where the crack epidemic hit HARD, the same city where povery and crime was ridiculous, etc. etc.

and we still come out of the house presentable. yeah, you might not have been able to afford the latest this, that or whatever but you came out with a crease in your pants and your sneakers were white.

thats pride in one's self.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:18 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,750,239 times
Why do NYers insist that everyone say how great they are. I swear, everytime I meet someone from NY and they tell me where they are from, there is always some akward pause like they are expecting me to be impressed and want to know everything about it, so they can talk about how great and how lucky they are and how jealous I should be.

This thread is just another example of a NYer trying to get people to praise NY so he can feel better about himself. I strongly believe that is why so many NYers are on CityData. Because people like me wont give them the satisfaction, so they go on the internet to look for it.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:21 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,632,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
Yea this is can be true, but it goes both ways also. Many NYers feel qualified to speak on other cities when they have no idea.
This is VERY true. I hated talking to NYers who never left the city, but were talking about how cultured they were.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:21 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Ya thats what he said. Still shaking my head from it.

And living two hours means nothing. I live three hours from boston and never been there in my life.
Nope, not at all what I said.

Don't know what the living 2 hours means though.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:25 PM

27,565 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
That's a cool city too. You should visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City