Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 04:51 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,736,528 times

Advertisements

If you want to find a bunch of closet racists, take a look at any city that takes pride in its "tolerance." Fish in a barrel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 04:54 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,204,320 times
That's one of the perks of living in the south; at least when someone is racist, we know.

If my ball went into some old white man's yard "Get off my property you N**** before I get my shotgun!".

And that has actually happened to me before.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:01 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,310,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
That's one of the perks of living in the south; at least when someone is racist, we know.

If my ball went into some old white man's yard "Get off my property you N**** before I get my shotgun!".

And that has actually happened to me before.
This is true! Its easier to spot a racist in the south. Like Dave Chappelle said "Its comfortable , its out in the open..." esp in the more rural areas.

mas23

Old 12-01-2010, 05:01 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,983,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
honestly, i don't think america is as "over" racism/biggotry as the general consensus thought it was...
all types of stuff is out in the open now. the whole AZ thing, the shots at obama, the image of the tea party (whether they feel its deserved or not), rand paul's views, etc. etc.

hell, even when obama was running, the clintons led a pretty eyebrow raising campaign IMO.

sometimes i don't know about this country. this is not just back woods stuff at all. a vast amount of ppl in this country feel a certain way. this has nothing to do with party affiliation, either.
Yeah there is still bigotry with Al Sharpton running around

Old 12-01-2010, 05:04 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,393,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
This is true! Its easier to spot a racist in the south

mas23
so true! When I lived in FL there was a biker bar with a big sign that read "NO N***ERS". It kind of shocked me

but to answer this thread, the Detroit area for sure. One trip to the Detroit forum alone will prove this. smh

Old 12-01-2010, 08:53 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,505,679 times
No city is off limits, I have encountered it *everywhere* in the U.S.

It is alive and well.

As bad as racism is, I think homophobia and fear of atheists is even worse.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:57 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,310,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
so true! When I lived in FL there was a biker bar with a big sign that read "NO N***ERS". It kind of shocked me

but to answer this thread, the Detroit area for sure. One trip to the Detroit forum alone will prove this. smh
Yeah Ive never had that happen but Ive had encounters with em. You can definitely pick em out. Im not saying its racist people just in the south cause They are EVERYWHERE even in your "PROGRESSIVE" "LETS HOLD HANDS AND SING KUMBAYA" type of cities

mas23

Old 12-01-2010, 08:59 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,393,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Yeah Ive never had that happen but Ive had encounters with em. You can definitely pick em out. Im not saying its racist people just in the south cause They are EVERYWHERE even in your "PROGRESSIVE" "LETS HOLD HANDS AND SING KUMBAYA" type of cities

mas23
so true! but RT I'd rather a person be upfront than fake about it

Old 12-01-2010, 09:24 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,505,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
so true! but RT I'd rather a person be upfront than fake about it
I am not sure if they are being fake, vs out in the open. I don't think racism is a black and white issue I think it is more of a degree of hatred. Ranging from the plain ignorant,fearful of differences, lack of contact, cultural ties, to the actual pure hatred/anger/action. It is pretty apparent if you confront people when they do this, you'll find out if it is just ignorance and they might be "enlightened" or it is just pure hatred.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:35 PM

803 posts, read 1,264,693 times
Default Los Angeles without a doubt

They basically live on stereotypes in the southern cal area and people are superficial. In many cases they will let their racism show if you do some things to provoke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City