Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 02:14 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,723,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaNightmare View Post
quite a bit of "green space ruralness" going on when one looks at that 95 freeway drive down to philly

add to that the nearly 100 mile distance=no way
Please bumkin..........don't hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 04:44 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,337,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
When NYC-Philly do merge Im going to request to the BEA that there be a special exemption that Philly gets naming rights. The Philadelphia-NYC CMSA seeing how Philadelphia is the original city and all, the cradle of our nation,all roads led from Philadlephia.

Technically one could argue that the entire country is a suburb of Philadlephia.

The Philadelphia-NYC area. It has a nice ring to it, does it not?

Wishful Thinking!

Old 05-24-2010, 04:53 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,630,851 times
http://environmental.hq.nasa.gov/images/content/usa_nightm_lg.jpg (broken link)

Here, let's just join all the bunches of lights together, it will be more constructive. Anyways, in terms of street talk, no one cares about CSA/MSA's outside of CD

Old 05-24-2010, 08:11 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,884,962 times
Quote:
Im ok with a NY-Philly CSMA but NY,NNJ, and CT please stay out of our pleasant South Jersey beaches like Cape May,Wildwood Crest,Stone Harbor,Avalon and Sea Isle. No more Snookies or J Wow South of Atlantic City. Thank you for your cooperation regarding this matter.

AGREEE, I'm currently PRAYING TO GOD that we don't see any "orange people" "South of the Border" this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-24-2010, 08:40 PM

976 posts, read 2,242,569 times
growing up in abington, i was in nyc nearly every weekend in high school.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:42 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
Quote:
Im ok with a NY-Philly CSMA but NY,NNJ, and CT please stay out of our pleasant South Jersey beaches like Cape May,Wildwood Crest,Stone Harbor,Avalon and Sea Isle. No more Snookies or J Wow South of Atlantic City. Thank you for your cooperation regarding this matter.

Never that.

There's no snookies over here.

Wildwood is the best of all, that's MY town lol.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:18 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,238,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Cool Baseball map - makes sense - poor Mets
Who are they?

Old 05-24-2010, 09:19 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,238,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Most people won't agree with my following point: I think when it comes to equating distance between NYC and Philadelphia, it's best to associate Staten Island with suburban NYC, just as you would any county in Northern New Jersey, even if Staten Island is technically New York City. The only difference between Middlesex County NJ and Staten Island is that you can pump your own gas and buy beer in a 7-eleven in Staten Island. The psychology of the Outerbridge Crossing and the Goethals Bridge lend a quality of isolation to Staten Island, but really should be part of New Jersey. It's zoned much more like suburban NJ than NYC. In contrast, Hudson County NJ is more like Manhattan. I think the poster PBergen came closest to explaining this, when it comes to reaching central business districts between the two cities. Similarly, even though NE Philly runs up to Woodhaven Blvd, if you've driven through that neighborhood, it feels more like Bensalem, the last suburb before Philly. I tend to think of Philly beginning in earnest after the Cottman Road exit, about 5 miles south on I-95.
I generally agree with this, especially the Staten Island part.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:58 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
well they all run together up there, even though i drive through every week

still even 10 to 14 is only 10-12 minutes and 14 to Holland is about 4 miles

from 95 to Betsy ross to 90 to 73 to exit 4 is about 7 minutes

4 to 10 is about 45 minutes

I completely disagree on 25 mins from 10 to holland

I can get from 10 to Morristown NJ in 30 minutes, much further

odd part is 95 isnt even the same road in this area, you leave it to pick it up again
exit 14 to Holland Tunnel is ~9 miles, not 4.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:59 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:

whatever. i'll take my NNJ a** anywhere I damn please in my own state thankyouverymuch you shoobie. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City