Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What major city do you no DESIRE to visit.Why would I go there?
Indianapolis 27 14.52%
Dallas 7 3.76%
Nashville 5 2.69%
Tampa 3 1.61%
Houston 19 10.22%
Charlotte 19 10.22%
Phoenix AZ 22 11.83%
San Antonio 0 0%
Oklahoma City 51 27.42%
Baltimore 5 2.69%
Atlanta 14 7.53%
Portland OR 4 2.15%
Los Angeles 6 3.23%
Philadelphia 4 2.15%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 12:34 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,155,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post

I'd also like to see Sedona, Arizona. I've heard it's one of the most spiritual places in the world, and I'm big into that sort of thing. I also just love the desert, so I wouldn't mind traveling more in the state. I've been to Arizona before, but didn't really spend enough time there.
You would like Santa Fe also...very spiritual and it has the high desert meeting the mountains in that general area...just beautiful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 12:53 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,766,060 times
Also, i wouldn't like to go back to Madison. People say its gorgeous and is one of the best cities in the midwest. Completely disagreed. Midiocre at best. Milwaukee beats Madison by miles and miles and miles

Old 05-26-2010, 01:19 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Only places I wanna go to in the US are San Francisco and Seattle. I want to go to Las Vegas again though.
IMHO, two of the prettiest cities in the country, wait actually one of the four prettiest, along with Honolulu and Anchorage. Lol, I keep forgetting about those two.

Take a trip out and see both SF and Seattle. They're awesome!

Old 05-26-2010, 01:58 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
It might not mean he's well traveled, but I bet it means he knows a thing or two about geography.

I just returned from China and South Korea two days ago. Im overseas 4-6 times a year for my job and its taught me a thing or two. That is NEVER assume anything about any place until you have been there. For example, the people in Beijing are some of the nicest of any major city Ive ever been to. I never would have expected that there. Conversely, there are parts of Japan that are extremely slow. With Tokyo in mind, you wouldnt expect that there. Sao Paulo, Brazil is alive with Asian (particularly Japanese) culture. You wouldnt expect that in South America. I could go on and on.

North Korea was the real eye-opener of all my travels. My guide was making claims that I knew were absolutely stupid, yet I had to keep a straight face. He told me that Kim Il Sung invented the desk, that when Kim Il Sung died, 1 million cranes carried him to heaven, etc. I also learned that making eye contact with a foreigner for too long is punishable by years in a labor camp. At schools, they teach kids that they must not rest until all Americans are dead and South Korea is no more. The whole country is a facade based on showmanship. Yet, even with all of this said, I dont regret my trip at all. I had to go anyway for work to see if the consulate would allow some of my clients in for work.

If you havent been a place, the truth is, you know nothing about it. You can tell yourself you know about it, but you dont.
Hahaha. He really said all of this?

Old 05-26-2010, 01:59 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Default Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
Lol, another "stealth bashing" thread. Awesome.

I'm curious as to why the OP conspicuously left out certain cities and instead included :

If we want a fair comparison, why not use the cities that everyone seems to enjoy talking about? Or better yet, how about we include all cities?
You people are so cynical.I asked a simple question after I was watching T.V. and (oddly enough) Indianapolis was mentioned.I have been all around the U.S. and even in Indiana,but never Indy.I thought to myself I would like to go but why?I had no compelling reason to go when there are other places to go worth more to MY liking.I have NOTHING against any of the cities mentioned.

In fact someone kept mentioning" why did I not put Detroit?"Well why not Camden New Jersey,or Gary IN?So people can continue to beat on cities struggling to survive.?NO thats not fun to me or even intellectual.
I chose those cities listed as thy are either loved or hated.INCLUDING my own beloved Atlanta.

The reason I mentioned those cities are exactly what you stated: "cities that normally don't get talked about much on this forum."I wanted those who loved those cities to defend them and mention the things that people are missing out on.

I admit I should have elaborated.Saying "no desire" could be interpreted as "I hate that place".That is simply not what I said or meant to imply.I do believe every place is worth going,but what if there are monetary constraints or time?I guess every one just does not believe as I do.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:47 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,269,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19
Any of the midwest cities.

Good, we don't want you here anyway.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:48 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,956,968 times
Houston

Old 05-26-2010, 02:50 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,105,917 times
You listed a lot of desirable places in the poll.

I say SanFran or Portland, OR.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:52 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I would like to go anywhere, but places like Iowa, Wyoming, Washington (I've been there), the Dakotas, and a few other states just aren't on my radar.

One place I never want to see again though is Killeen, texas......that place just sucks so much.
man, y'all are trippin. killeen goes hard (well it WENT hard, back in the early-mid 2000s)

it's a military town of only about 100,000 people so you can't expect it to be this great culture filled city, but it was pretty crunk for it to be as small as it was. and you gotta love the rugged hills

i hear its not as fun nowadays, but it's growing with more to do. the last time i visited they had built a new shopping center-type-place on the east side

Old 05-26-2010, 02:59 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times
For me it was between Dallas, LA, and Oklahoma City. I don't really like the south, and I don't believe LA is as awesome and fun and interesting and glamorous and everyone says it is. Well maybe it is glamorous, but that's not an attractive quality to me. *shrug*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City