Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 01:04 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetta View Post
For the next decade by sport:

NFL: Jets, 49ers--I just think these are two young teams with two great coaches that can work wonders for both franchises.
MLB: Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, Cardinals, Giants--The AL East is always tough, Cardinals as long as they have Pujols and decent team around him, and the Giants with their amazing, young rotation as long as they get some hitting and Buster Posey continues to come along.
NBA: Lakers and whoever gets Lebron--Fairly Obvious, but Lebron needs to close the deal first.
NHL: Penguins, Red Wings
Where do you think LeBron is going to go? Between Bulls and Knicks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 01:08 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I've read that Dirk and Amare are a possibility for the Knicks. Which is why I thought it would be a good option for LeBron. The Dirk man and LeBron, they're probably going to get NY out of the gutter when it comes to NBA.

When I think of trash for NBA, I think of both NYC teams. And the Clippers too.
NYC has a good force in all other sports besides basketball.
The Knicks can't afford all three. Only two (which would mean no supporting cast). I see Amare going to Miami (with Wade), and Dirk going to Phoenix (with Nash). Bosh goes to Houston in a sign and trade and LeBron either goes to the Nets (soon to be Brooklyn Nets), Chicago, or stays in Cleveland.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:58 PM

902 posts, read 2,788,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Where do you think LeBron is going to go? Between Bulls and Knicks?
I have no clue, I think it is a 50/50 chance that he stays in Cleveland. Chicago would present Lebron with a better opportunity to win, but I could see the allure of NY and the spotlight that it will bring, pulling him in. If he leaves Cleveland I think he will most likely go to the the Nets.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:03 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Pittsburgh. The Penguins have a good nucleus; the Steelers are never down for long, and the Pirates are the best AAA team in baseball.

And with the opening of CONSOL Energy Center this fall, the city will have one of the best collections of professional sports venues of any city in the U.S. -- if not the best.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:05 PM

Definitely not the best, but Pittsburgh is up there in professional sports venues.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:12 PM

I have a hunch, don't quote me on this, I'm just stating my idea. But I can only see the Lakers being great for the first half of this decade at the max. After that, most of their players like Kobe and Gasol will be older.

I don't see them dominating the second half of the decade at least.

The decade is too long and too unpredictable to say which will be the best team. Hell out of no where Milwaukee Bucks might just become the best team in the country, you never know what happens.

But I'm placing my bet on the Orlando Magics for sure.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:22 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Seriously. There.IS.NO.Way.You.Can.Predict.This.

Nobody thought Pittsburgh would have the decade that they had. Nobody thought Boston would have the decade that they had. You can't predict this.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:32 PM

Video: Kobe Bryant is still clutch because he's still Kobe Bryant - Ball Don't Lie - NBA* - Yahoo! Sports

Old 05-30-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Seriously. There.IS.NO.Way.You.Can.Predict.This.

Nobody thought Pittsburgh would have the decade that they had. Nobody thought Boston would have the decade that they had. You can't predict this.
But you could tell that the Spurs and Lakers were going to have a great decade.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:59 PM

902 posts, read 2,788,161 times
Well this obviously cannot be predicted, but it is fun to give it a shot and 10 years down the road see what happened.

OmShahi--Even after Kobe and the rest are gone, the Lakers will still be the Lakers and draw in new top notch talent. The Lakers are a lot like the Yankees in that they will always be good, and when they have a down and out year, they will bounce back quickly. History shows that this likely won't change in the near future...it is highly unlikely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City