Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2014, 10:42 AM

6 posts, read 5,635 times

Advertisements

Hello:
I hope scared Sophie is found ASAP. Please help if you can!
Here is a blog post I made for her:
lizardmarsh: CARY NC area (Raleigh-Durham-Cary/Research Triangle area): EMERGENCY! FOSTER DOG MISSING from Lochmere area - Flat Coat Retriever mix SOPHIE - Please help find!
Thank you!!!
Liz in WA

Sophie is 3 years old and less than 60 pounds. Their owner died from a heart attack in March 2014. It took a lot of networking and help from many people, but eventually she and her two siblings and mother, as well as many other dogs, were rescued by various rescuers.

The photo of her (on the right) with her brother Walker is from after March 2014 (even though the date stamp shows 2011). This was before they were rescued from the property where they had lived with their owner and several other dogs.

Here is the link to the Craigslist ad from Dec 2:
Lost RESCUE Dog in Lochmere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 10:53 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,598,105 times
I hope they find her soon. Flat Coats are such rare and awesome dogs.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:05 AM

6 posts, read 5,635 times
GOOD NEWS. Sophie was found and is fine. Usually I can edit my blog post links with the revised info and the URL will stay the same. In this case, either by operator error or mysterious elf action, the URL became changed to:
lizardmarsh: CARY NC: GOOD NEWS! SOPHIE'S BACK! RE: 6PM update re: EMERGENCY! FOSTER DOG MISSING from Lochmere area - Flat Coat Retriever mix SOPHIE - Please help find!
Sophie found her way back to the foster home over the course of eight miles, a four-lane highway and other hazards. She is a brilliant dog :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads