Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2017, 05:43 PM

592 posts, read 2,244,145 times

Advertisements

I have lowered the price several times on this and am going to list it with a realtor next month so thought I would try a post here at City-Data before the price goes back up. This is grass covered prairie in the middle of nowhere. Surrounded by lots of public lands. Hunting, fishing, hiking, biking or just enjoy the piece and quiet. https://wyoming.craigslist.org/reo/d...249710863.html

Old 09-17-2017, 04:32 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,182,360 times
IIRC, you were touting on these C-D pages back in 2007 that the WYTEX Ranch was such a "great buy" at only $995/acre.

I had a contrary viewpoint re the realities of the area, the potable water availability, the access to recreation, utilities, climate, WIND, and even the access to the properties. On the forum, everybody from Elk Hunter to NVDave and others had posted similar concerns to mine about this subdivision.

You're selling out now at an asked price of $350/acre, approx 1/3 of the purchase price a decade ago. Your c-list pictures show no development on your site, not even a driveway across the prairie through the vegetation ... nor, for that matter, much development on adjacent sites.

FWIW, I've flown over this area at 1,500' AGL 6 times in the last 5 months on my way to Saratoga from my Cheyenne area base airstrip. . My usual route is to fly well north of Laramie to cross the ridge, then over the various Wheatland Res's on an approximate heading to the Medicine Bow VOR, thence south-west to the valley west of Elk Mountain to Saratoga lake. If there's been much development or home building in the WYTEX area, I must be missing it.

So why now such a devaluation in the "great buy" of a decade ago? The only owners that are going to not lose money on these parcels are the ones that bought in when the prices were much lower ...

such as in year 2000, RMT was advertising these parcels in Field & Stream magazine on a "deal" ... "buy two 35 acre parcels for $18,900 and we'll throw in a 3rd parcel for FREE!!" That was 105 acres for $18,900 ... $180/acre. 6 years later, it was a "great buy" at $995/acre?

Looking at the recent RMT ads and several FSBO's, there's a number of these 35 acre properties available at prices ranging from $13 K to $16 K that have been on the market for over a year. Doesn't sound like a lot of turnover at those prices. Of passing interest is to see that most of these parcels have the same amount of development today as they did in the pictures from year 2000; ie, none.

Last edited by sunsprit; 09-17-2017 at 05:02 AM..

Old 09-18-2017, 12:09 AM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
I'm looking at acreage in my area now so when I go to buy next year, I'll be familiar with what's out there. I already know I won't be taking any property that doesn't have a water source on it or one that doesn't have electric to the lot line. I also want to know I can access the property in winter and winter not, so I'd want to know if the roads are plowed or taken care of.

Your pictures are pretty, Wyomiles, but I think you're leaving out a ton of information that people need to have before they make a decision to buy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads