Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2008, 01:18 AM

4 posts, read 12,628 times

Advertisements

I currently run a business in NY doing on-site computer repairs. However, come the end of this year I will be selling this company and moving to Las Cruces, NM to join my girlfriend.

I don't think I'll have as much success with the same kind of business in such a small town. But hopefully someone in Las Cruces will see this as the opportunity it is and snap up this $100/hour technician for a song. There's a big difference between hiring a "geek" and hiring a self-made man, people.

If you have a small business in LC and will be in need of a technician please contact me. I'm certainly also interested in any kind of work that does not involve mindless manual labor. Feel free to inquire about me or my experience. Any advice as to where I might find work when I arrive is also appreciated.

Last edited by eatyummypuppies; 06-14-2008 at 02:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 02:04 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
I have a relative in LC that gets VERY GOOD tech person for $40 / hr and pays ONLY for time in the home, no transport. Most calls under 2 hrs, longest wait was 2 days for a 'non-urgent' need.

But that is only Windows and Mac support, not sure what a 'real' tech person gets that can offer something with performance and less ICONS and dogs with wagging tales...

You might need to re-calibrate your expectations, or work 2.5 jobs (that's what I did for 15 yrs) My wife enjoyed all the free time and extra $$ to spend , plus we didn't fight much

I'd figure out some medical offering for the hospitals that have to care for so many 'walk-in' / illegals. I will bet you could get a Gov / Insurance grant to do some tracking / projections / reporting. You might be able to include other border areas and get a mega business with mega $$ flowing. There is also a large senior population, so health care and simplifying filing and choosing health plans might fly. Just be careful in your career choices and stay technical, as laborers flow in every day to work for cash. They continually knock on your door and TELL you you need something done around the house. They are very persistent (won't leave) and if you hire / pay them, they will be back frequently with their friends / family.

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 06-14-2008 at 02:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads