Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2008, 04:36 PM

855 posts, read 2,396,329 times

Advertisements

Botanical name Corylus avellana contorta 'Red Majestic', AKA Contorted
Filbert. My wife bought this shrub online last fall but didn't realize
it was a slow grower. Now she bought a different tree for its spot and I
have no other place in our landscape to place this shrub. It was in
the only place in our backyard that consistently has full sun and will
ultimately grow to 10-12 feet tall and wide. I've already landscaped
the heck out of the front and don't think I have a good place there so I would like to find a new home for him.

It's around two and a half feet tall, healthy, freshly dug(8/31) and
now in a 5 gallon container. It's a fairly uncommon plant and I'm asking $50 for it.

If anyone from the area is interested, send me a PM or email. I won't ship this anywhere as I have no experience with shipping plants and would not feel comfortable sending a medium large plant through the mail/UPS on my first attempt.

You can Google Red Majestic Walking Stick or I can provide a picture of the actual plant. It's well past the stage where it's leaves are red though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 06:10 PM

855 posts, read 2,396,329 times

Old 04-07-2009, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 5,942 times
Default red majestic

Any chance you still have the Red Majestic contorted filbert?
Thanks,
Connie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLK55 View Post
Botanical name Corylus avellana contorta 'Red Majestic', AKA Contorted
Filbert. My wife bought this shrub online last fall but didn't realize
it was a slow grower. Now she bought a different tree for its spot and I
have no other place in our landscape to place this shrub. It was in
the only place in our backyard that consistently has full sun and will
ultimately grow to 10-12 feet tall and wide. I've already landscaped
the heck out of the front and don't think I have a good place there so I would like to find a new home for him.

It's around two and a half feet tall, healthy, freshly dug(8/31) and
now in a 5 gallon container. It's a fairly uncommon plant and I'm asking $50 for it.

If anyone from the area is interested, send me a PM or email. I won't ship this anywhere as I have no experience with shipping plants and would not feel comfortable sending a medium large plant through the mail/UPS on my first attempt.

You can Google Red Majestic Walking Stick or I can provide a picture of the actual plant. It's well past the stage where it's leaves are red though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads