Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 01:50 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,060,189 times

Advertisements

Who's Josh???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 01:51 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Who's Josh???
Karmaphx

Old 09-08-2009, 03:10 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,417,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Karmaphx
Yeah, kinda creepy right.

rclauschee, why have you not had a job in 2 years? Are you living off the govt or seeking work? Are you making $65k a year now or are you still unemployed?

Old 09-08-2009, 03:19 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post

rclauschee, why have you not had a job in 2 years? Are you living off the govt or seeking work? Are you making $65k a year now or are you still unemployed?
Anyone who has some living under their belt would not have trouble understanding. You should just quietly fade away on this thread. You are just making an ass of yourself.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:21 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Quote:

You would have the answers to these questions already (and might not have responded as you have) if you would have carefully read what the OP has already posted. If you are too busy to read the posts accurately, then you really shouldn't bother to respond. And I'd take Ponderosa's advice.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:07 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclauschee View Post
Also, I am seeking a nice vehicle. If you are will to accept payments plus allow me to take the vehicle I am willing to pay bi-weekly until paid off. Thank you.

I am going to try to offer you some good advice. I can not help you on the rental, but you have bad credit, so why not buy a car from a private party for cash, without payments? I guarantee you I could find you a very reliable car for under a $1,000 easily.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:11 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:

Josh - the OP has ALREADY ANSWERED your questions.

Also - the tone of your question is actually rather rude.

I'd take the other posters suggestion though - simply fade away from this thread

Old 09-08-2009, 11:27 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,614,805 times
OP, a couple of suggestions in your home hunt:

1. Be upfront about your bad credit with apartment management, property managers, and private landlords. You have at least a 50/50 chance of someone renting to you if they know your credit issues before they run the report, but if you don't tell them and they see it on the report, your chances for rental go down to zilch. Apartments, PM and landlords don't like surprises.

2. Avoid the impulse to mention your poor credit before meeting anyone in person (i.e., by email or over the phone). If you meet the owners/managers in person and strike up a good rapport, they're often more willing to work with you on the credit issues. We all want to do business with someone we like, so let them "like" you first.

3. If you can afford it, offer to pay a higher security deposit, or even an extra month's rent as part of the move in. Again, if the owner/manager likes you, this may not be necessary, but the fact that you offered it is a good sign.

4. Do you have good prior rental references you can offer? That goes a LONG way with private owners.

5. Be matter of fact when presenting all the bad news to the owner/managers. Don't whine, don't be overly apologetic or dramatic. It happened, it's in the past, here's what you're doing now. End of story.

And to those bashing the OP - in a recession, it's often harder for those with advanced degrees to find work similar to what they did. Not because they aren't trying or hunting, or because they won't take a lesser paying job - they will - but because employers don't trust them. The employers don't want to hire overqualified because they think the overqualified employee will jump ship at the first opportunity of better pay. And one can only dumb down their resume so far.

Good luck, OP, I hope you find something soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads