Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2010, 02:54 PM

134 posts, read 632,070 times

Advertisements

I have been trying to sell my 1 year old pure breed Chihuahua named Sparky for 3 months but no luck. I don't know if it's okay to advertise the sale of pets on City Data Forum is allowed or not but I am trying anyway.

I am relocating back to the Midwest where I originally am from and my fiancee is severely allergic to animals. Also, my family and friends are not interested in having pets either.

I tried newspapers but it isn't helping since there are too many Chihuahuas for sale. I hate the thought of doing my last resort, which is the animal shelter.

Sparky is a beautiful tri-colored (white with tan and black spots) Chihuahua; he is house broken with friendly and loving temperance who needs a new home with lovely family. He can play fetch well sometimes. LOL! He is already updated with all vaccines, heartworm pill prevention, and has medical record and registered papers ready; I would like to sell around $300 to $400 dollars.

If you like cats, I will throw in my 1 year old female cat Socks who is also updated with everything. Sparky and Socks grew up together and they love to play. Socks is spayed but Sparky is not neutered, by the way.

If you are interested, please send me a private message.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:16 PM

134 posts, read 632,070 times
Picture of Sparky and Socks
Attached Thumbnails
1 Year Old Trained & Registered Chihuahua with Paper for Sale - in Cabot, AR-sparky.bmp   1 Year Old Trained & Registered Chihuahua with Paper for Sale - in Cabot, AR-socks.bmp  

Old 05-02-2010, 04:56 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,367,165 times
As far as I know, it's OK to advertise but it s/b done in the 'classified' section of CD, not in the state section. Anyway, cute pup but I think you're pricing him on the high side, people can buy a young puppy for that amount or less. Plus he's not neutered, many ppl like that done so they'd have to pay for that on top of the $3-400 you want, that's really a bit on the high side esp. in your area. You can always turn him over to chi rescue (google them in your state for their contact info) and they'll find him a loving responsible home (they screen heavily which is good) OR if you want to place him yourself, far more important than $$ is doing a home visit on anyone who's interested in him and checking ref's, it's the only way to ensure he'll go to a good home, $$ shouldnt be the issue, in fact I know of cases where the original owners paid $$$ for their pup and realized the dog didn't fit w/ their lifestyle and ended up giving the pup away, once they verified the ppl were who they claimed to be, it's a win-win situation for the dog, his future depends on you.

You may get lucky and find someone who w/b willing to take the cat too, but dont automatically take the first person, check them out first and have them meet the dog and if all goes well, then you can rehome him w/ them but do your pets a favor and check the people out first, a lot of people lie to get what they want, you dont want either of them going into bad situations. Would also give a lot of consideration to Chi Rescue as they know the breed and will find him a loving responsible home, they prob. even have a waiting list of good homes and some of them may be willing to take the cat too, it's def. worth a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchArk87 View Post
I have been trying to sell my 1 year old pure breed Chihuahua named Sparky for 3 months but no luck. I don't know if it's okay to advertise the sale of pets on City Data Forum is allowed or not but I am trying anyway.

I am relocating back to the Midwest where I originally am from and my fiancee is severely allergic to animals. Also, my family and friends are not interested in having pets either.

I tried newspapers but it isn't helping since there are too many Chihuahuas for sale. I hate the thought of doing my last resort, which is the animal shelter.

Sparky is a beautiful tri-colored (white with tan and black spots) Chihuahua; he is house broken with friendly and loving temperance who needs a new home with lovely family. He can play fetch well sometimes. LOL! He is already updated with all vaccines, heartworm pill prevention, and has medical record and registered papers ready; I would like to sell around $300 to $400 dollars.

If you like cats, I will throw in my 1 year old female cat Socks who is also updated with everything. Sparky and Socks grew up together and they love to play. Socks is spayed but Sparky is not neutered, by the way.

If you are interested, please send me a private message.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:45 PM

9,295 posts, read 16,577,548 times
You might list this under the PET forum.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,257 times
Hi I was wondering if your chihuahua is still looking for a home? my email is [email]ruple1984@yahoo.com[/email] thanks

Old 03-19-2018, 07:33 PM

1 posts, read 778 times
I have been looking for a new friend for my teacup yorki Bentley. My female I need to put down ASAP, she has cancer. If you are willing to give him to me He will have a good life
I live in Lisle IL
[mod cut - remove personal info]

Last edited by VTsnowbird; 03-27-2018 at 07:24 AM..

Old 03-19-2018, 07:51 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,618,172 times
CristySilas, this thread that you responded to is 8 years old. Check with your local rescues and animal shelters. Using petfinder.com is a good way to find certain breeds that are up for adoption in your local area.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:40 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,103,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
CristySilas, this thread that you responded to is 8 years old. Check with your local rescues and animal shelters. Using petfinder.com is a good way to find certain breeds that are up for adoption in your local area.
that is pretty funny, when you think about it>The cute little puppy is not a middle aged dog. I try to remember to check dates of posting before I respond but I too, sometimes miss it. I hope the owner found a good home for her dog. I think, if I were having trouble selling him I would just have chosen to give him up. Yes, always, unless you have a reason for wanting a pure bred check the local shelters or try rescue centers on line for
a special breed. The only real reason for choosing to pay an out of sight price would be if you intended on showing or breeding a dog. Many years ago we did breed English Springer Spanials. Our daughter did some showing also in Jr competition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
View detailed profiles of: