Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 11:31 PM

4,517 posts, read 5,090,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
The show began airing before the traitor left town, so who knows why it's only Indians gear...

Just curious, but are you okay with the name "Indians"? Is it just the logo that bothers you?
As to the name, I'm not wild about it but could live with it alone BUT, as a non-Native American, it's really not my place to complain on the name...

However, my REAL BEEF is with Chief Wahoo... I don't have to be a Native American to understand their hurt and embarassment of such a silly, ugly and stereotypical symbol that isn't even a vague charicature of a real Native American. It has to go and is a shame, for the team and the City that in 2010, it still is our Baseball team's symbol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 07:19 PM

425 posts, read 958,387 times
Well at least the Cavs were mentioned in a few episodes, of course it was as a punch line both times there first time it was when Valarie's character said something to her neighbors about (this is as close as I remember it, I'm sure it's not an exact quote) "I want LeBron to stay...or is it go...i have been getting mixed signals about that one" and the second time she said "and yeah just like you said Lebron would stay"

so at least it's not ALL Indians.

Maybe they can do Major League: The TV Series

LOL

Old 09-04-2010, 08:28 PM

102 posts, read 198,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
As to the name, I'm not wild about it but could live with it alone BUT, as a non-Native American, it's really not my place to complain on the name...

However, my REAL BEEF is with Chief Wahoo... I don't have to be a Native American to understand their hurt and embarassment of such a silly, ugly and stereotypical symbol that isn't even a vague charicature of a real Native American. It has to go and is a shame, for the team and the City that in 2010, it still is our Baseball team's symbol.

I've met more than a few native Americans who like the logo, just like alot of Irish love the Notre Dame logo and mascot.

Its not a shame, the team was named after a Native American, so its in honor of the culture if you're complaining about the name.

This is typical politically correct garbage and a waste of everyones time.

No offense. That is just my differing opinion.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:34 AM

425 posts, read 958,387 times
Agreed, as I have been a life long Notre Dame fan who has never once been offended by the logo, and yes I am Irish.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:18 PM

2,179 posts, read 7,373,579 times
I always thought valerie was hot even with her excess weight,......but to be truthful the hot babe on this show is betty white I hope she lives forever. I am going to watch them all starting at 8 pm tonight,and I can hardly wait for the new shows and I really dont like sit coms.....what are you a cop?........what sirens?

Old 01-01-2011, 05:24 PM

2,179 posts, read 7,373,579 times
Quote:
Some people feel that way, it's a matter of taste ... I like the show and make no apologies for it. I do note that EVERYTHING is Indians. I guess right now, Cavs' gear would be awkward ... for OBVIOUS reasons... But why not the Browns... the Browns have been poor, no doubt, the Indians are an absolute joke. And I hate the racist Chief Wahoo symbol. I will never by any Indains gear as long as Wahoo's around.
the indians got their name from a player on the team that was an indian?
maybe you should think about not watching the yankees too or does P.C. not apply to white people?

Old 01-01-2011, 05:41 PM

708 posts, read 1,814,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollector View Post
I live in Cincinnati, so I hope I am allowed to ask this question:
What do you think about "Hot in Cleveland"?
I can't say anything one way or another about Cleveland's "feel" in the show because I haven't visited there for a long time,
but,
from the standpoint of a female who is the same age as Valerie, Jane and Wendie, what they talk about in regards to their lives makes me laugh. It's my favorite new show of the year.
I wrote a thread on this a few weeks, and I apoligize that I didn't see yours there first, lol.....But i like the show..Since I'm moving back to cleveland later this year, it's very funny.....

Old 01-02-2011, 12:48 PM

42 posts, read 124,414 times
Default Hot In Cleveland

I'm going to be 44 in less than 3 weeks and my wife will be 39 so we're not the demographic audience they are shooting for but i have to admit its funny and Betty White is a great actress and Valerie Bertinelli looks graet for 50. Plus in puts Cleveland in a positive light.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:52 PM

42 posts, read 124,414 times
Quote:

As a Native Clevelander,an Indians fan and as someone who is part Native American I just want to say this. Get off your politicially correct high horse. Chief Wahoo is not an embarassment. Actually politicially correct crybabies are much more of an embarassment and you're not even Native American so why are you complaining?

Old 01-19-2011, 05:57 PM

575 posts, read 1,370,372 times
Default second season

"Hot in Cleveland" returns to TV Land tonight, Jan. 19, at 10 p.m. US Eastern time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland