Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:38 PM

575 posts, read 1,370,372 times

Advertisements

I live in Cincinnati, so I hope I am allowed to ask this question:
What do you think about "Hot in Cleveland"?
I can't say anything one way or another about Cleveland's "feel" in the show because I haven't visited there for a long time,
but,
from the standpoint of a female who is the same age as Valerie, Jane and Wendie, what they talk about in regards to their lives makes me laugh. It's my favorite new show of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 11:46 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,918,593 times
I still haven't watched it yet lol.

From the previews I don't really know what to think.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:02 AM

1,975 posts, read 5,210,712 times
It's exaggerated, but hits on some truths. I think the overall premise is a bit condesending to
Cleveland though. The charterers on that show are coming from an upscale LA perspective. Most of LA is worse off than your average Cleveland neighborhood, but the upscale parts are beyond what Cleveland has.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:05 AM

30 posts, read 97,661 times
I like the show; it was pretty funny. I am from NYC originally and although I certainly do not have the looks these ladies have when I moved to Cleveland I was astonished at the really inexpensive prices as well. Additionally I always do really well at work and in other business situations because I am much more assertive than people around me. I too thought it was quaint and sweet to get a "hiya" from a neighbor the first time it happened. You should check out the show!

Old 06-28-2010, 06:43 AM

54 posts, read 185,961 times
I watched the pilot episode.

Nice episode. This is mainly a women's show. But this may give Cleveland some good media attention.

In the pilot, there weren't any shots of Cleveland that I noticed, but maybe there will be in future episodes.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:44 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,312,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmc783 View Post
I watched the pilot episode.

Nice episode. This is mainly a women's show. But this may give Cleveland some good media attention.

In the pilot, there weren't any shots of Cleveland that I noticed, but maybe there will be in future episodes.
In the second episode, there were a couple exterior shots of the house the women supposedly live in. I believe it's the large, white house with the stone wall around it that sits at the northeast corner of Lake and Nicholson Avenues in Lakewood.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:54 PM

560 posts, read 1,714,536 times
The show is amusing. I'm 30 and male, so I'm not exactly their target demographic, but when I saw Betty White was in the cast I had to watch. Having grown-up in L.A. and having spent a good amount of time in northeast Ohio I can easily relate to many of the references these women make.

They land in Cleveland and clearly have a negative opinion of it, but that slowly changes as they see more and more of the city... something I went through myself. LOL

Old 06-29-2010, 09:05 AM

42 posts, read 169,668 times
I absolutely love the show!

Old 07-02-2010, 01:34 PM

7 posts, read 23,866 times
I think the show treats Cleveland well. It's always fun when they hit the nail on the head (everyone in Cleveland think they can pull off wearing shorts) and even the misses (reference to "all the shopping" downtown).

The premise is true -- Cleveland is an awesome place to live and waaaay underrated.
Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by Yac; 07-05-2010 at 04:20 AM..

Old 07-06-2010, 03:23 PM

356 posts, read 833,877 times
I love it, lol. Especially when they were looking at real estate prices and were like, "Well clearly that's missing a zero", and then later when they were talking about Valerie's date, "...A plumber in Cleveland can afford a boat?!" I just found myself rolling on the floor almost. And of course the mentions of Euclid Blvd, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, etc. I like hearing familiar things mentioned.

Although I admit, I'm 23, female, and the main reason I'm watching is Betty White!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland