Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 10:21 PM

420 posts, read 1,042,151 times

Advertisements

So , Even though I do seem to be all over the metro area
I just got to see the New Street Scape Of Lorain Avenue area ( 7-7-2010)
in Westpark (Kamms Corner ) I do believe done within the last
couple of years by memory and the way the concrete has weathered ,
and guess what ! They are jack hammering up to install new
gas lines , The 65th Street and Detroit Avenue area ( Gordon Square )
land scape was finished less then 3 months ago , the new pavement ,
and sidewalks have been jack hammered up , for utility
improvements , ( Not any emercency repair work ) I know the difference
Is this just a Cleveland schedule problem ? Or do people see this
else where ?
It makes me as a tax payer mad because even though it will be patched , repaved , new concrete poured >
It makes weak points in the pavements / sidewalks making the whole
life span to fail quicker .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 10:00 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,689,232 times
Lorain Road at Kamms has been a mess for a long time. A long time. Two years ago they tore it up again to install new power lines for Fairview Hospital. Now they are finishing the job of paving it nicely once and for all.
So I disagree with you about the Kamms area, specifically Lorain Road. BUT I do agree the people that take care of these roads are idiots. Before I lived at Kamms, Rocky River drive south from Lorain was awful. One of the worst main roads in the city. So they finally repave the thing. It was gorgeous. 2 years later they tear up a section every half mile to put new sewers it is still in good shape now, but it will certainly degrade faster.
A friend of mine that did live here then. Called then councilman Mike Dolan.
The issue in that case was just **** poor government. ODOT paid for the resurface because it is a state route. 237. And you know how govt works. The money was budgeted that year. If they didn't spend it that year they lose it. Cleveland finally had the money two years later for the sewers. If they could have worked together it would have been done properly and probably cheaper for both parties...

Old 07-09-2010, 03:18 PM

129 posts, read 346,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
If they could have worked together it would have been done properly and probably cheaper for both parties...
Wouldn't it be nice?
I'm optimistically looking forward to the new Cuyahoga County leaders - maybe they'll do something about the need for regional cooperation and coordination.

Kamm's looks great with the new streetscape. It's a nice vibrant area, and this makes it more inviting for walkers -and suburbanites!

Last edited by marence; 07-09-2010 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: corrected spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland